FTP Voyager Release NotesRelease Notes by Version
"Next Generation" Revamp
The version 16 release of FTP Voyager provided a "next generation" FTP client built with 64-bit operating systems like Windows® 7 and Windows 8 in mind. We replaced our toolbars with the same type of ribbon control used in Microsoft Office, revamped the layout and icons, added the ability to connect to multiple servers at the same time, and rebuilt our scheduler service. We also simplified our licensing model: instead of paid "Standard" and "Secure" editions there is now only one "FTP Voyager" product – and it’s completely free.
Updated User Interface
FTP Voyager’s main interface now features a ribbon similar to the one used in Microsoft's popular Office applications.
Multiple connections to different servers are now supported through a "connection per tab" interface similar to the "page per tab" interface used in most desktop web browsers. FTP Voyager still defaults to a side-by-side "local and remote" connection display, but you have many more layout options, especially if you just want to drag-and-drop files between FTP Voyager and Windows Explorer.
In addition to layout changes, new icons and updated styling are present throughout the application. Some of the icons, such as the "connect" icon, are specific to FTP Voyager. However, many others, particularly the icons used when browsing file systems, are automatically set to match the icon set of your local operating system (e.g., on Windows 7, FTP Voyager's file browsers use the same icons as Windows 7's Explorer).
FTP Voyager's thumbnail view now integrates with Windows Explorer offering the same thumbnail views supported by your operating system. In addition, we've added a scalable "Preview" pane that can be used to view remote images without changing to a thumbnail view mode. Advanced users can take advantage of the ability to dock/undock the preview pane, log pane, and the transfer queue to customize the layout to their own preferences.
Finally, new controls have been added between your local and remote panes to make "visual sync" operations easier. When you "go up" or drill down into a subfolder in one pane, the new "lock navigation" button automatically performs the same operation on the other pane. A new "compare folders" button also highlights differences between files in the two panes with customizable colors. Together, these two controls help flag discrepancies while traversing a matched set of local and remote folders.
Updated Scheduler Interface
FTP Voyager Scheduler continues to run as a service, but it is now controlled and configured from a tray icon.
Like the previous interface, the new Management Console provides a list of configured tasks, each made up of a list of actions and an associated schedule. However, the new interface also provides a new "calendar" view that helps visualize when tasks are scheduled to run.
FTP Voyager Scheduler improves on the throughput and reliability of previous versions, but it also adds new features that make it a formidable automation solution in its own right.
- Tasks starting additional tasks
- Email notifications on success, failure & task completion
- Tray icon balloons for custom alerts
- Multiple transfer sessions (see below)
- Conditional event handling
- Optional trace logs (with log aging) for each task
- Custom icons & colors for each task
Multiple Transfer Sessions
FTP Voyager version 16 builds on earlier versions' concepts of "power downloads" and "power uploads" by providing multiple transfer sessions on all connections by default.
In the interactive interface, there is a new "Workers" field on the "Transfer Queue" window that allows you to throttle the number of simultaneous transfers across all interactive sessions. You may also pause or cancel individual transfers.
In the Scheduler interface, which did not previously support the usage of multiple transfer sessions, there is a new "Number of Workers" drop-down on the main tab of each task that allows you to throttle the number of simultaneous transfers used when that specific task is executed.
Re-architecting FTP Voyager allowed us to make other improvements, including many requested by customers just like you:
- Native support for 64-bit Windows. The FTP Voyager installer ensures that the appropriate version is installed for your platform.
- IPv6 is now fully supported. Specific command support includes EPRT, EPSV, and host name resolution.
- Site Profiles can now be defined with their own unique SSL and SSH settings.
- FIPS 140-2 validated transfers may now be enforced.
FTP Voyager Version 16 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released August 20, 2013. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Rebranded the company information from RhinoSoft to SolarWinds for FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Removed the licensing requirements and purchasing information from FTP Voyager. FTP Voyager is now a free tool courtesy of SolarWinds WorldWide LLC.
- The full version number is now displayed in the version column of the "Programs and Features" / "Add/Remove Programs" screen on Windows.
- Updated version number displayed during install to include more of the minor version.
- Corrected a bug introduced in version 126.96.36.199 where FTP Voyager was unable to login to certain SSH servers using keyboard-interactive authentication as a substitue for password authentication.
- Corrected a bug where active transfers may not appear in the transfer queue if it is configured to not show pending transfers, only show detailed items, and no other transfers are taking place.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where tasks created when daylight savings time is off and scheduled to run daily or at a custom interval would repeatedly run for an hour after their scheduled execution time when daylight savings time resumed.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where MLST could fail when performing a transfer task in the home directory where the remote path contains wildcard characters.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where changes to site profiles may not be picked up by Scheduler the next time a task is executed.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where tasks marked for deletion after being executed weren't properly deleted after execution unless they were also scheduled for execution at some point in the future.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released December 17, 2012. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated End-User License Agreement
- Corrected a bug where attempting to rename or delete a folder from the right-click context menu of the tree in a remote browser caused FTP Voyager to navigate to that location, which could cause the rename or delete operation to fail.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager did not log proper information about the error encountered when it is unable to open a local file for writing during a download operation. The information logged errorneously stated that the operation completed successfully.
- Corrected a rare bug where FTP Voyager could crash while navigating the local directory structure.
- Corrected a bug with FTP servers where attempting to delete a directory that is the user's current working directory would fail on servers that prevent this scenario.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug introduced in 184.108.40.206 where left-clicking the "Add" action button using Internet Explorer® 8 didn't display the menu to choose an action to create. Right-clicking on this button still displayed the menu.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where Scheduler sometimes needed to be restarted in order to pick up changes to the Scheduler site profiles.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released November 20, 2012. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added Spanish translation.
- Disabled events in FTP Voyager Scheduler are now indicated by a unique icon when viewing the event list.
- Significantly improved performance when FTP Voyager lists a directory containing a very large number of sub-directories.
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler to use a pop-up menu for selecting the type of new action to create rather than a separate combo box and add button.
- Corrected a bug where transfer stats in the log for FTP directory listings were inaccurate if data was received over the data channel before FTP Voyager received the intermediate command channel response.
- Corrected a bug where FTP uploads using MODE Z compression failed to FTP servers that require a "graceful" shutdown of the compression stream.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager did not properly import existing folder shortcuts for a site profile when upgrading from an old version of FTP Voyager.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager did not properly navigate IBM MVS directory listings.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager could parse the header as a file in IBM MVS directory listings.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager incorrectly parsed IBM MVS directory listings for a partitioned data set.
- Corrected a bug where the "Remove Selected" button on the Synchronize Folders dialog was disabled when using the keyboard to change the selection state in one of the available list boxes.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager crashed when opening the Synchronize Folders dialog if the remote browser was disconnected from the server.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager could crash when enabling visual compare on Windows XP.
- Corrected a bug where the contents of a remote browser may contain items that were deleted after deleting many items at once. This was a display problem only.
- Corrected a bug where the transfer queue did not show information about a single file being deleted from a remote browser when the transfer queue was in "Summary" display mode.
- Corrected a memory leak in FTP Voyager that occurred when using the visual compare feature.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager did not properly handle proxy logins that require an account (ACCT).
- Corrected a bug where restoring a local browser that was last viewing search results upon application startup resulted in a blank local browser until the user manually navigated somewhere using the folder view.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager did not send properly formatted remote paths when communicating with IBM MVS servers during file transfer operations.
- Corrected a bug where multi-line responses from FTP servers were not properly parsed if the server separated the lines using just <LF> instead of the RFC required <CR><LF>.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would crash when closing a browser that wasn't the active browser if other browsers existed in the application in a separate grouping.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would crash if the server disconnected FTP Voyager in the middle of performing a comparison for a synchronize folders operation.
- Corrected a bug on Windows XP and Server 2003 where FTP Voyager did not properly save the view mode for a browser when it is changed and FTP Voyager is exited without navigating to a new location in that browser.
- Corrected a bug on Windows XP where the remote date/times displayed in the list control were not properly formatted for the user's time zone.
- Corrected a bug on Windows 8 where the file view of a local browser would not update when the contents change after manually refreshing the view (such as pressing F5).
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where scheduled execution times for tasks using the daily, weekly, or custom schedules were affected by the change for daylight savings time.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where tasks setup for deletion after execution were not deleted and appeared to continue executing instead. Aborting these tasks caused Scheduler to crash.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released October 18, 2012. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added German translation.
- Added Italian translation.
- Updated Scheduler help documentation to include information on system variables supported in the remote and local path attributes of an action.
- Updated Help documentation to better explain the difference between the remote filter options for "remote listings" and "folders".
- Improved FTP Voyager startup time when a lot of site profiles are present for the user.
- Fixed a bug where pressing the delete key while editing a label in the folder tree control terminated renaming and prompted for delete confirmation.
- Fixed a bug where pressing F2 to edit a label in the folder tree control did not properly rename the folder.
- Fixed a bug where upgrading FTP Voyager on Japanese or Chinese Windows Vista or newer caused duplicate entries to appear in the Start menu group for FTP Voyager.
- Fixed a bug where the modification date was not properly set when parsing VMS directory listings.
- Fixed a bug where site profiles specified through the command-line interface were not opened by FTP Voyager unless there was a command-line operation associated with it.
- Fixed a bug where the auto layout setting was not properly applied to site profiles opened via the command-line interface when the site profile was associated with a local folder.
- Fixed a bug where manually modifying the properties of a file on FTP servers not supporting MLSD using the "Properties" dialog resulted in the session appearing to "hang" after successfully modifying the file's properties.
- Fixed a bug where FTP Voyager did not automatically reconnect and disable the HOST command after the FTP server disconnected the client following rejection of the HOST command.
- Fixed a bug where SFTP file handle information was not always properly logged resulting in a blank handle name getting logged.
- Fixed a bug where uploads to SFTP servers would fail if they did not support SSH_FXP_WRITE requests larger than 64KB.
- Fixed a bug where uploads to FTP servers failed if they responded to a LIST command for the file being uploaded with a 450 response code instead of a 550 response code.
- Fixed a bug where FTP Voyager would crash on Windows XP while changing the auto-layout settings after previously opened browsers had been restored and new browsers were opened.
- Fixed a bug where toggling prompts in the Prompts dialog under "Tools | Options" caused unexpected behavior when clicking on a checkbox after previously selecting an item in the dialog by clicking on the item text.
- Fixed a bug where disabling the "Upload Overwrite" or "Download Overwrite" confirmations caused FTP Voyager to skip transferring files that would normally trigger a prompt instead of overwriting the existing file.
- Fixed a bug where synchronizing a local folder with the root ("/") of a remote browser caused files to be downloaded to the root of the target drive instead of the proper local path.
- Fixed a bug where synchronizing the root ("/") of a remote browser with a local folder failed.
- Fixed a bug where FTP Voyager did not properly handle issuing the LIST command with additional configured parameters to FTP servers that do not support extended listings which resulted in blank directory listings getting returned.
- Fixed a bug where filter settings were not properly applied to the results displayed in the Synchronize Folders dialog when filtering was enabled for synchronize operations.
- Fixed a bug where filter settings were not properly applied to uploads or remote synchronization operations.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where a GPF occurred when attempting to delete a Scheduler site profile immediately after that site profile was copied from the main application's site profile collection.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where Scheduler could crash when attempting to resolve an upload or download path containing invalid date/time format characters.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where the "View Log" button on the "Logging" tab was visible when creating a new task.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where adding a transfer action containing a remote or local path that used a '%' macro caused a script error to occur after saving the action.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where creating a trigger task action for a task that contained a '%' character in the task name caused a script error to occur after saving the action.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where selecting a site profile that contains a '%' character in the site profile name caused a script error to occur.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where using the "Copy to Clipboard" button on the log dialogs in Internet Explorer caused extra blank lines to be inserted into the copied text.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where the log view did not display the entire line of log text when the text was wider than the original width of the log display window.
- Fixed a Scheduler bug where synchronization operations failed on FTP servers that do not support the MLST/MLSD commands.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released October 03, 2012. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- FTP Voyager has been completely rewritten to take advantage of multi-core CPUs through multiple threads, improve transfer queue management for large transfers, and handle very large directory listings.
- Added support for Windows 64-bit (AMD64/x64). FTP Voyager 64-bit is installed automatically when installing on a Windows 64-bit computer.
- Added a new ribbon-based client interface with configurable, dockable frames.
- Added the ability to create multiple remote and local browsers without the need to open additional instances of FTP Voyager.
- Added complete support IPv6.
- Added support for EPSV FTP command.
- Added support for EPRT FTP command.
- Added support for different application visual styles such as Windows XP, Windows 7, and various Office look and feels.
- Added a transfer toolbar between local and remote frames.
- Added a preview pane to preview local and remote images, as well as supported local media files.
- Added shell integration support to use the Windows Explorer view of file listings. This allows for powerful column sorting and grouping options, local views can include any column supported by the operating system, and multiple thumbnail views as supported by the operating system.
- View settings (visible columns, column widths, sort column and direction, and column order) are now stored per site profile allowing each site profile to be displayed differently in FTP Voyager.
- Added "Open Files" pane to better track and manage remote files being edited locally.
- Added support for "Jump Lists" on Windows 7 to show the most recently connected to sites.
- Improved file searches by creating a browsable location within the tree where search results are displayed.
- Improved file searches by adding the ability to search on the full path, search for specific file sizes or ranges, include folders in the search results, and search using a regular expression.
- SFTP engine completely rewritten with a focus on standards and performance that has resulted in as much as a 75% improvement on file transfers.
- Added support for SFTP versions 4, 5, and 6.
- Added the ability to specify unique SSH settings (supported ciphers and MACs and keys) on a per site profile basis.
- Added the ability to specify unique SSL settings (client certificate) on a per site profile basis.
- Added the ability to specify supported SSH ciphers and MAC algorithms and the order of preference for each.
- Added inline comparison of directory contents between local and remote frames with support for highlighting different, identical, and unique files.
- Added numeric sorting for directory listings when running on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2003 R2 or greater. Numeric sorting sorts listings so numeric values are sorted more naturally, for example: "File1.fid, File11.fid, File22.fid" is now sorted "File1.fid, File2.fid, File11.fid".
- Added navigation bar similar to Windows Explorer that allows direct navigation to a typed path and quick access to parent folders or subfolders.
- Added native support for sending email notifications when file transfer or connection events occur.
- Added support for playing configurable sounds when file transfer events occur.
- Added support for including information from selected items when sending "raw" FTP commands.
- Improved remote properties dialog to display a pie chart showing available vs. used space when the server supports the AVBL command.
- Added configurable selection rules to quickly select files in the current folder matching specific file types or a provided wildcard search string.
- Added the ability to customize the font face, size, and colors used in the log pane. This can be configured globally or on a per-site profile basis.
- Added the ability to open a local pane to a specific location when connecting to a site profile.
- Added auto-PASV mode which automatically attempts to use active mode FTP data connections when PASV mode fails.
- Added additional options when presented with a file overwrite confirmation prompt that allows the user to transfer the file with a unique filename.
- Added detailed logging support for SFTP that can be useful in diagnosing transfer errors and viewing the detailed status of a request.
- Added the ability to include timestamps (with millisecond resolution) in remote log entries.
- Added support for FIPS 140-2 mode for FTP over SSL connections.
- Added support to ignore files matching or not matching regular expressions and wildcards in folder synchronization.
- Added the ability to display completed file transfers in the transfer queue.
- Added the ability to show items in the transfer queue as groups of file transfers instead of just individual transfers.
- Added the ability to restore previously opened local and remote browsers upon startup of FTP Voyager.
- Added the ability to define the number of global connections used to perform transfers from the transfer queue rather than requiring usage of "Power Download" or "Power Upload".
- Added the ability to define the maximum size of a file to download for the purpose of displaying a thumbnail if the FTP server does not support the THMB command.
- Added queue completion events that allow FTP Voyager to perform an action upon completion of queued transfers, including: shutdown FTP Voyager, lock, log off, hibernate, sleep, or shutdown the computer, display a message box, display a notification message, or play a sound.
- Added the ability to set the default folder for a site profile by right-clicking on a folder in the remote tree or file view.
- Added the ability to recognize and accept wildcard domains in SSL certificates preventing an erroneous dialog asking the user to confirm the SSL certificate when the wildcard matches the connected host name.
- Integrated the FTP Voyager Auto Rename add-on as native functionality.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8r to 0.9.8x.
- Added the ability to view permissions for files/folders immediately after uploading/creation without requiring a directory listing first.
- Updated the splash dialog with a new look.
- Improved the "Site Profile Wizard" with new options and streamlined steps for a better experience.
- The Site Profile Manager now allows direct configuration of the connection type (security) and port instead of requiring you to enter Advanced options to configure these values.
- Added automatic XCRC checking that allows FTP Voyager to determine whether or not XCRC checks should be performed on file transfers after determining whether or not it is supported by the server.
- Added the ability to define your own proxy connection strings in addition to the previously defined default values.
- Removed FTP Voyager Standard. All FTP Voyager licenses are now Secure licenses.
- Changed the installer to require Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and greater due to Microsoft changes in certain libraries.
- Fixed a GPF when attempting to access Network Neighborhood on 64-bit Windows.
- Fixed a GPF when attempting to access My Documents on 64-bit Windows.
- Removed ability to monitor Windows clipboard for FTP URLs.
- Removed browser integration support when clicking FTP hyperlinks.
- Removed support for description files.
- Removed support for FTP Voyager add-ons.
FTP Voyager Scheduler
- Added a new, web-based interface.
- Added calendar view to see tasks on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Added the ability to specify a maximum number of remote connections to be used to perform a task.
- Added the ability to specify unique log files for each task instead of using a single global log file.
- Added the ability to use macros in remote and local paths that insert elements of the current date and time.
- Added an action to send configurable email messages.
- Added an action to display a balloon notification when the FTP Voyager Scheduler tray application is running.
- Added an action that triggers the execution of another task when run.
- Added programmable scheduler, task, and action events to send email messages, display balloon tips, or execute third-party software when transfer events occur.
- Added the ability to password protect administration of tasks.
- Added a backup wizard to quickly create a task for backing up multiple local files and folders on a remote server.
- Added a synchronization wizard to quickly configure synchronization of folders between remote and local locations.
- Added the ability to display tasks sorted by task name or next execution time.
- Added the ability to schedule tasks on a custom time frame that can repeat every 'x' seconds, minutes, or hours.
- Added the ability to rotate log files every iteration, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Added log rotation maintenance support to limit the maximum number of stored log files or total disk space used by old log files.
- Added separate actions for deleting local and remote files.
- FTP Voyager Scheduler no longer requires you to identify paths as files or folders. It will discover this information for you when an action is performed.
FTP Voyager Version 15 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released November 29, 2011. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Upgraded development environment and Microsoft runtime libraries.
- Corrected a problem with certain servers that will close the data channel, then expect the client to still perform an SSL shutdown causing delayed directory listings and file transfers.
- Corrected an SFTP (via SSH2) bug where symbolic links were not correctly recognized.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released July 20, 2011. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added compensation for certain SSH servers that have a bug when listing directories for which the end-user has no permissions. When this occurs, on some servers, the server incorrectly sends the same error code for subsequent directory listings causing FTP Voyager to fail any further directory listings. The problem was solved by executing a "pwd" command after receiving an error when attempting to open a directory, causing the server to reset its incorrect error state.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8q to 0.9.8r.
- Upgraded development environment from Microsoft Developer Studio 2010 to Microsoft Developer Studio 2010 with Service Pack 1.
- Corrected a potential problem when inflating (uncompressing) compressed data packets where any remainder data after decompression could be lost.
- Corrected an SFTP (via SSH2) bug when using a proxy server to connect to an IP address, instead of a server name, FTP Voyager would attempt to connect directly to the server instead of using the proxy server.
- Corrected an SFTP (via SSH2) problem where certain archived file listings on certain servers would return 0xc000 for the type attribute. FTP Voyager would incorrectly interpret that file type as a directory, which is type 0x4000.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released January 25, 2011. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8p to 0.9.8q.
- Minor internal library changes.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released November 18, 2010. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8n to 0.9.8p.
- Updated zlib (compression) library from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5.
- Rebuilt zlib (compression) library with Developer Studio 2010.
- Rebuilt FTP Voyager with Developer Studio 2010.
- Minor internal library changes.
- Updated German release notes.
- Windows 2000 (all editions) is no longer supported. Microsoft has discontinued support for this operating systems and no longer provides DLLs and libraries to developers that are compatible on this operating systems.
- Removed the "Other RhinoSoft.com Products" dialog from the installer.
- Corrected a bug where certain UNIX style FTP servers could cause FTP Voyager to stop working when returning a very large year value in response to the LIST command.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released May 5, 2010. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated zlib (compression) library from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 and built with Developer Studio 2008.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8m to 0.9.8n.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler bug when triggering schedules monthly and on a particular day of the week. With this configuration FTP Voyager Scheduler would crash and no longer be able to startup again.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler bug when using invalid % tags FTP Voyager Scheduler would crash. Now '%' characters are converted to '_' characters for paths.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released March 9, 2010. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated Microsoft DLLs to the latest release.
- Corrected a bug where the OpenSSL libraries would not load on Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, and Windows Vista due to incorrect Microsoft side-by-side configurations. This bug only affected SSL and SFTP connections. Introduced in FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released March 8, 2010. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed FTP Voyager's UTF-8 startup mode to start with UTF-8 enabled so that server welcome messages are correctly decoded.
- Added IPv6 addresses to the About dialog Network Information page.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8k to 0.9.8m.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler was trying to use "C:\ProgramData\RhinoSoft.com\FTP Voyager Scheduler" to store its configuration file on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler was not using the "C:\ProgramData\RhinoSoft.com\FTP Voyager Scheduler" directory to store its temporary internal files when running as a service. This prevented Action changes and additions in Windows Vista and Windows 7 while using UAC.
- Corrected a bug when specifying a UNC path name for a Site Profile's local folder where FTP Voyager would crash.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released January 11, 2010. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Minor internal library changes.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released December 17, 2009. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for "Subject Alternative Name" for server SSL certificates for automatic SSL approval to sites. Some certificates may contain many different host names.
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler configuration file location to "C:\ProgramData" (ALLUSERSPROFILE environment variable) in Windows Vista and above on new FTP Voyager installations that are installed in "C:\Program Files" only. This is required on Windows 7+ when UAC is in effect.
- Improved the local tree for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Corrected a Windows 7 UAC problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler was unable to communicate with the tray application to identify FTP Voyager Scheduler status and enable tray / scheduler communication.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would send the wrong status code to an add-on for a successful SFTP (via SSH2) download.
- Corrected "CWD Parameter Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability" from SecurityFocus.com (22637).
- Corrected a problem in 18.104.22.168 where SFTP (via SSH2) file names were not being converted from UTF-8 to the current code page in directory listings.
- Corrected problems when skipping SFTP (via SSH2) file transfers.
- Corrected a bug where folders in the local tree would always be identified with the shortcut overlay or without, incorrectly identifying a folder as being a shortcut folder or not depending on the order in which Windows gives the information to FTP Voyager.
- Corrected a bug where displaying message boxes (such as the delete confirmation dialog) could cause FTP Voyager to crash.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released October 19, 2009. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug, introduced into version 126.96.36.199, where FTP Voyager would prematurely close the command channel socket after issuing the CCC (Clear Command Channel) command to the server.
- Corrected a problem where the "Invalid Registration ID" message box would come up blank.
- Corrected a display issue with Japanese Tip of the Day Next and Previous buttons.
- Corrected a display issue with the splash screen in Japanese.
- Corrected an SFTP (via SSH2) problem where FTP Voyager was unable to connect to and use ProFTPd servers using the "mod_sftp/0.9.6" SFTP module.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released September 29, 2009. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added Drag and Drop support to Windows Explorer and the Windows Desktop for Windows 64.
- Changed "XXKB", "XXMB", and "XXGB" labels to include a space between the value and the label; "XX KB", "XX MB", and "XX GB".
- Improved accuracy of "XX KB", "XX MB", and "XX GB" displays to round up to the next highest value instead of checking for any amount over the unit (as older versions of Windows did).
- Upgraded to Inno Setup UNICODE installer to provide greater localization flexibility in the future.
- Added support for saving FTP Voyager's Window coordinates over multiple monitors.
- Added support for maintaining file dates and times using the MFF (modify file fact) and MFMT (modify file modify time) commands as documented in draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-04 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-04).
- Mask proxy password in the log to hide the actual proxy password from prying eyes.
- Changed Explicit TLS to initialize only TLSv1 methods when creating the SSL context. This is important when connecting to servers with FIPS 140-2 enabled
- Corrected an SSL/TLS bug where FTP Voyager would not recognize a closed socket after calling SSL_read() from OpenSSL.
- Corrected a bug in the local list when creating a new directory when one or more items were already selected, FTP Voyager would not go into in-line edit mode for the newly created directory.
- Corrected a remote list redraw bug where the delete confirmation dialog would appear and not allow the directory list under the message box to update the display in the area where the context menu appeared leaving a blank white spot.
- Corrected a status bar bug where the current remote and local directory name would not update when renamed from within either the remote or local tree.
- Corrected a partially translated Italian Tip of The Day.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released July 8, 2009. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8i to 0.9.8k.
- Changed self-signed SSL certificate support to use SHA-1 instead of MD5 for added security.
- Corrected a display bug when setting the local date and time of a file to match the uploaded file where the remote pane would show the wrong file date and time until refreshed.
- Corrected a problem where adding trailing or leading spaces to a server name would cause FTP Voyager to fail, not being able to resolve the server name.
- Corrected a bug with UTF-8 decoding, where FTP Voyager would incorrectly decode certain directory listings.
- Corrected an MVS bug, introduced in 220.127.116.11, where FTP Voyager would not allow going into subdirectories on MVS servers.
- Corrected a potential SFTP (via SSH2) where FTP Voyager could crash if the SFTP server returned an invalid directory listing.
- Corrected a bug where an invalid Windows Shortcut in the local list could cause FTP Voyager to display a dialog about an invalid parameter.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler bug when downloading directories where the path contained a comma character would fail.
- Corrected some Asian character set (multi-byte) issues regarding Thumbnails and Scheduler actions.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released January 5, 2009. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for servers that perform DOS style listings where 24 hour times are returned in listings.
- Upgraded development environment from Microsoft Developer Studio 2005 to Microsoft Developer Studio 2008.
- Corrected a bug where thumbnail images would not be displayed when connected to server whose site profile required the user to enter the password manually.
- Corrected an HTTP proxy bug where the connection would not be made to the server until the timeout value had been reached.
- Corrected a bug where Drag and Drop to the Windows Desktop or Windows Explorer may not work if the temporary path specified in Windows refers to a 8.3 short path name.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager could crash when connecting to a server with a very long domain name.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released October 10, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug with UTF-8 encoding / decoding, where certain names would cause an incorrect result.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released October 1, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for an additional AS400 directory listing format.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8h to 0.9.8i.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler bug where while running as a system service, the copy menu item would not copy the individual actions, even though the actions would appear in the action list.
- Corrected a bug when reconnecting after an error, FTP Voyager would not reissue the HOST command.
- Corrected a UTF-8 decoding bug where MLST responses were being decoded twice causing FTP Voyager to misinterpret results for UTF-8 encoded names.
- Corrected a bug when attempting to delete a file that no longer exists locally. If attempted at precisely the correct time, deleting a non-existent file could cause FTP Voyager to crash.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released July 16, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added Russian installation.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager's CPU usage would increase over time, when downloading very large files, using excessive amounts of CPU time.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would incorrectly create a local directory while using folder locking and uploading nested directories.
- Corrected a bug when parsing MLST/MLSD results where certain Asian characters could cause FTP Voyager to hang.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager was not allowing "level 1: CA certificate" (the second level) and higher Certificate Authorities to be verified.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released June 2, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8g to 0.9.8h.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released May 19, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for servers supporting UTF-8 encoding.
- Added support for UTF-8 on SSH.
- Added support for the new CSID command. When a server supports this command, FTP Voyager no longer uses the CLNT command. When successful, FTP Voyager uses the return values from the server to identify the server and its capabilities.
- On subsequent connections and reconnects, send the CLNT or CSID command to identify FTP Voyager with the server.
- Corrected a bug in Synchronize Folders where an empty subdirectory, nested one or more levels deep, could be created in the incorrect directory.
- Corrected a bug when using image thumbnails on images with very large file names or nested very deep on a server, FTP Voyager was unable to build the cache files due to path name limits in Windows
- Corrected a bug where the update notification dialog would appear every 2 hours if an update was available. This notification now only appears every 3 days, as was originally intended.
- Corrected a bug when the server was returning an empty response string, FTP Voyager could appear to hang.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released April 10, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added the ability to disable the use of the HOST command for Site Profiles. This option is under the "Advanced | Connection" settings for the site profile.
- Corrected a problem when sending the new HOST command prior to login. Some firewalls and servers immediately disconnect the connection. During the reconnect FTP Voyager won't reissue the HOST command, instead it continues logging in normally.
- Corrected a rare problem where installation failed on certain computers with an error message about failure to expand a shell folder constant.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released April 2, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for the new THMB command added by Serv-U 7.0. The THMB command is used to download a smaller version of image files for the remote thumbnail view in FTP Voyager. This feature can substantially increase update time, thumbnail images are usually around 2-3KB as opposed to several MB on the server. Using the THMB command instead of RETR can make thumbnail image retrieval as fast as possible.
- Added support for the new RMDA command added by Serv-U 7.0. The RMDA command works like RMD to remove a directory, but it also removes the contents of a directory in one command. This command substantially decreases the time to remove a directory and its contents.
- Added support for the new HOST command added by Serv-U 7.0. The HOST command is issued immediately after connecting to the server, much like the "Host" header parameter in HTTP. This command allows the server to support multiple domains or sites on a single IP address and port.
- Added support for the new DSIZ command added by Serv-U 7.0. The DSIZ command returns the number of bytes stored in a directory and all contained sub-directories. This command allows FTP Voyager to send a single command to the server instead of drilling into each sub-directory to determine the number of bytes on the server. This value is displayed when the size is determined in properties dialog for single or multiple remote file and folder selections.
- Added support for the new AVBL command added by Serv-U 7.0. The AVBL command returns the number of bytes available to a user in a directory on the server. This value is displayed when the size is determined in properties dialog for single or multiple remote file and folder selections.
- Added Spanish translation.
- Added support for MLST options Win32.dt (Drive Type) and Win32.dl (Drive Label) for MLST and MLSD commands. Serv-U 7.0 introduced these MLST/MLSD options (return values) allowing FTP Voyager to identify a drive type and drive label for disk drives.
- Added icons for remote disk drives such as /C:/ and /D:/. FTP Voyager can clearly identify using icons disk drives and drive types.
- Added drive label support for remote disk drives such as /C:/ and /D:/. FTP Voyager shows the actual drive label, if available, in the tree and list views.
- Removed some very old functionality that would assume /C:/ was the same as / for default directories or the root directory. Starting with Serv-U 7.0, this isn't necessarily the case, the root in Serv-U 7.0 "/" can now be a listing of drives on the server.
- Removed the UNIX permissions validation check found in the file properties dialog, that would prevent CHMOD from being executed on servers that might not be UNIX style servers.
- Added mnemonics for the following pop-up menu options: "Navigation List" (last option when right-clicking the remote or local toolbar), "Explore" when right-clicking a folder in any view, "Send FTP Command" when right-clicking in the remote list view, "Send FTP Command" when right-clicking in the log view, "Refresh" when right-clicking outside the borders of an item in the remote tree view
- Added a check box in the SSL Security Alert dialog allowing the user to avoid being prompted for the same certificate on subsequent connections.
- Improved the wording in the User Interface options for showing the site profile or server name on the title bar.
- Improved the Alternate Editor file extension support to include multiple file extensions, separated by semicolons, and for adding support for wildcard comparisons of the entire file name.
- Added an overwrite warning when attempting to rename a file in the remote list to an existing name in the same directory.
- Added a registry entry for system administrators to disable the ability to store passwords. To disable saving of site profile passwords, create a DWORD value named "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Rhino Software\FTP Voyager\Allow Password Storage" and set the value to 0. 1 enables password saving support. This option is very useful for organizations where regulations or policy don't allow passwords to be saved on computers.
- Added "View Log File" to the log pane right mouse click menu. This option is available only when a log file is specified.
- When using "Manual Put" to upload a file, FTP Voyager no longer renames that file it uploads directly to the specified file.
- Removed the file size check for the thumbnail image cache. Now only file dates and times are checked against the thumbnail cache.
- Corrected a bug where Power Download may not work in some situations.
- Corrected a listing bug where "NcFTPd Server" UNIX FTP servers do NOT correctly follow the MLST/MLSD specification for directory listings. Prior to listing a file or folder name the server does not include the last semicolon ";" before the file name. For these servers file names containing a semicolon may not properly be shown in FTP Voyager listings.
- Corrected a problem with some servers that do not correctly follow the MLST/MLSD specification in response to the OPTS MLST command. If FTP Voyager can identify required MLST/MLSD options by using the FEAT command, and the server incorrectly returns a response to OPTS MLST, FTP Voyager will still use MLST/MLSD.
- Corrected a bug where the "Skip File" option while downloading would cause FTP Voyager to sometimes crash.
- Corrected a validation problem when creating an SSL certificate. FTP Voyager now verifies that the length of the country code is 2 characters long, which is required for an SSL certificate.
- Corrected a very rare memory leak when attempting to select an SSL certificate that fails to open. Under normal operations this would not occur.
- Corrected a minor graphical imperfection in the right mouse click "Commands" sub-menu.
- Corrected a bug when editing a Site Profile while connected to a server where FTP Voyager's Folder Short Cuts are being used. When a Folder Short Cut was changed from with in the Site Profile Manager while connected, FTP Voyager could crash.
- Corrected an internal problem where adjusting certain registry entries could cause FTP Voyager to store a site profile excessively large. This problem is not something that would happen to most users, other than those who are changing registry entries for configurable options, which isn't recommended.
- Corrected a problem where the "Alternate Editors" and "Auto Rename" dialogs would not bring up the correct context sensitive help.
- Corrected a bug in the About dialog when the cursor was in one of the multi-line edit controls or in the rich text edit control, pressing ESC would cause the sub dialog (the category) disappear.
- Corrected a bug usually found in FTP Voyager Scheduler but also appears in FTP Voyager when using "Manual Get". The problem occurred when downloading files from a VMS server using FTP Voyager Scheduler, FTP Voyager Scheduler would incorrectly create the source directory path. Now it simply uses the current directory and uses the relative file name.
- Corrected a bug where the "Upload newer files only" check box under "View | Options | User Interface | Confirmation" would not work as expected and would eliminate prompting all together.
- Corrected a bug where the Site Profile Manager would not come up when the remote and local trees were disabled and running with the log pane on the bottom instead of the top.
- Corrected a problem where the window could come up "off-screen" when restarting. This is a very rare condition and could only happen when Windows was shut down while FTP Voyager was minimized.
- Corrected a bug in wildcard comparison; comparisons such as "a.011" and "a.0111" to "a.???" would previously pass when they shouldn't have. This affected both FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler.
FTP Voyager Version 14 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released January 2, 2008. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8e to 0.9.8g.
- Removed the 10-year anniversary splash image.
- Corrected a bug in FTP Voyager Scheduler where using the "Browse File" button in an action when the specified directory is a drive root, the browse file dialog would not come up.
- Corrected a bug in FTP Voyager Scheduler where running an external batch file or program could cause FTP Voyager Scheduler to lock up.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler service bug where disabling the service, then attempting to start FTP Voyager Scheduler with the Start Menu or from within FTP Voyager, it would not start.
- Corrected a bug when using file name conversion where non-ASCII characters, converted to a different case, would not be recognized as the same file when working on a server whose file system is not case sensitive. When uploading a duplicate file could appear in the list.
- Corrected a bug when converting a file name and updating an existing file on the server where the server's file system is not case sensitive, the list would not update the file name to reflect the changed file name until the listing was refreshed. Not all servers support this form of renaming files.
- Corrected a bug when using connection saver, FTP Voyager would allow certain actions to be performed when they shouldn't have been allowed.
- Corrected a bug when creating directories, deleting directories, or deleting files and using Folder Short Cuts, FTP Voyager would not update both locations.
- Corrected a bug in MLST / MLSD listings where files containing a semi-colon would not be recognized.
- Corrected a bug when using MLST / MLSD the multiple file properties dialog would not allow file permissions to be changed.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released October 1, 2007. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- When specifying a log file from the FTP Voyager command line, FTP Voyager now automatically enables logging to a file.
- Corrected a rename problem in the local panes where reserved characters could be entered such as \/*?:<>".
- Corrected a Synchronize Folders display error where FTP Voyager would show some file and folder names with two forward slashes.
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler service installation so that it doesn't setup the service to "Allow service to interact with desktop", avoiding an unnecessary error event in the Windows Vista event viewer.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler bug where setting up a monthly task and setting the start date to a date in the past, would cause FTP Voyager Scheduler to crash.
- Corrected a problem with FTP Voyager logging while using the command line options, and setting "autoquit" to true, FTP Voyager would not save the end of the log.
- Corrected a display bug when using Power Upload and/or Power Download, when resuming a transfer. The display would not correctly take into account the offset into the resumed file.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released July 31, 2007. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where dynamically loaded icons for .exe, .ico, etc. files were not loaded in the local pane.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler would not use RAS (Dial On Demand) to connect to a server.
- Corrected an SSH error where uploads could "lock up" when attempting to upload to localhost (or a very, very fast connection).
- Corrected an error with FTP Voyager Scheduler, when using SSH and downloading a specific file, FTP Voyager Scheduler would incorrectly interpret the file time as local, instead of GMT (UTC).
- Corrected an error where thumbnail images might not appear when switching from a view mode other than Thumbnails to Thumbnails when a directory had already been listed (introduced into 220.127.116.11)
- Corrected a long standing Synchronize Folders bug in FTP Voyager Scheduler when using "Synchronize Local Folder" and specifying a complex remote directory, and no default directory is specified, FTP Voyager Scheduler would not perform the folder synchronization as specified.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released April 9, 2007. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Made many changes throughout FTP Voyager for better support of multi-byte character sets.
- Improved upload throughput on faster networks.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8d to 0.9.8e.
- Added Japanese help files to Japanese installations.
- Minor changes to Japanese text.
- Corrected a problem where remote thumbnails would not work with the Japanese translation.
- Corrected a problem on wide character systems (Asian, Russian, etc.) where the thumbnail images might not appear, depending on the site profile name.
- Corrected a problem when FTP Voyager created directories, it could improperly parse the directory name when multi-byte characters were being used.
- Corrected a problem when downloading files with multi-byte character names, FTP Voyager would, in some cases, incorrectly parse the path name and create invalid directory names.
- Corrected a problem when attempting to download a non-existent file with FTP Voyager Scheduler and SSH, where an empty file (zero bytes) would be created.
- Corrected a problem when uploading a file in any view mode (thumbnails, list, details, icons) after having used the thumbnails view. Previously FTP Voyager would download the image to build a thumbnail even when not in the thumbnails view mode.
- Corrected a problem in the FTP Site Profile tree, where in-line renaming would not allow periods to be specified for a profile name.
- Corrected an SSL data channel problem where SSL negotiation could fail with certain servers due to the way they negotiate with clients.
- Corrected a bug when deleting a folder from the remote tree, the parent folder would not automatically get selected, forcing the user to press F5 to refresh the directory list.
- Corrected a bug where Find Files would not work when using SSH.
- Corrected a Drag and Drop issue in Windows Vista, where FTP Voyager could crash if UAC is enabled.
- Corrected a problem where the Repeat Run Time column in FTP Voyager Scheduler would not be updated.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released February 12, 2007. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected an SSH error where symbolic links were not being recognized as symbolic links, but as files. This error was introduced into 126.96.36.199.
- Corrected an error in FTP Voyager Scheduler's registration ID dialog, where the registration ID wasn't being saved between sessions of FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Corrected a problem where the user / group fields were not being parsed from SSH version 3 or lower servers.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released February 1, 2007. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where dragging and dropping from FTP Voyager (download using drag and drop) to Windows would not work, instead a directory would be created called "DragDrop".
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released January 29, 2007. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler Tray startup to be available for all users instead of just the logged in user.
- Corrected several minor typographical errors in text files, and the help system.
- Corrected a Microsoft DLL error that appears in the Windows Event Viewer. This problem did not affect the operation of FTP Voyager in any way.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released January 23, 2007. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- 10th Anniversary Edition. FTP Voyager 1.0 was released 10 years ago!
- Separated FTP Voyager Scheduler User Interface from the FTP Voyager Scheduler service to add support for Windows Vista.
- Added localized Japanese installation option.
- Improved SSH directory listings to use the SFTP attributes returned instead of the textual representation in UNIX format. This allows FTP Voyager to show accurate date and time stamps for files and directories.
- Converted help files to Windows CHM (Compiled HTML Help) files for Windows Vista compatibility. Microsoft eliminated WinHlp32.exe (Windows Help) support in Windows Vista.
- Upgraded development environment from Microsoft Developer Studio 2003 to Microsoft Developer Studio 2005. Microsoft changes and additions here address certain Windows and MFC security issues.
- Changed to support the use of FtpTree.ocx and associated DLLs in the FTP Voyager installation directory instead of using Microsoft's formerly recommended location of the System32 directory.
- Added high color XP icons for FTP Voyager Scheduler's system tray icons.
- Changed the operation of FTP Voyager Scheduler to minimize and close like a regular Windows application when not running as a service.
- Changed the operation of FTP Voyager Scheduler to stop using the system tray while not running as a system service, instead FTP Voyager Scheduler operates like a regular Windows application.
- Moved the installer option for installing as a system service to the same location as "Quick Launch".
- Changed the installer to remember, between installations, whether or not to install FTP Voyager Scheduler as a system service.
- FTP Voyager can now be started by FTP Voyager Scheduler while running as a service.
- Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, and NT 4.0 are no longer supported. Microsoft has discontinued support for these operating systems and no longer provides DLLs and libraries to developers that are compatible on these operating systems.
- Corrected an SSH status error for a successful rename, the new and old path names were reversed in the message. This bug did not affect FTP Voyager in any other way.
- Corrected an SSH problem where FTP Voyager wasn't using UTC/GMT for times returned from and sent to the server.
- Corrected a problem where MSLT / MLST times would not correctly account for DST.
- Corrected a potential GPF bug when using the properties dialog to set attributes, and using the "Apply" button instead of the "Ok" button, when performing several attribute changes at time.
- Corrected a bug when using a proxy server and SSL or SSH where FTP Voyager would reconnect in a non-secure fashion if the AUTH command failed.
- Corrected a display bug when the FTP Voyager Scheduler and FtpTree.ocx versions don't match.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler display problem in the Dial on Demand options, where the tree could lose focus, and a white background could be displayed under the text area.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler problem where the "display splash at startup" setting was used from FTP Voyager itself instead of FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Corrected a problem in FTP Voyager Scheduler where the maximized state would not be maintained between sessions.
- Corrected certain font issues with Asian translations.
FTP Voyager Version 13 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released November 1, 2006. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where LIST wouldn't show certain failure responses after the initial 150 reply.
- Corrected an installer bug, where the installer would not be able to check a previous registration ID against the new build for validity.
- Corrected a problem when using Implicit SSL when reconnect attempts would fail to negotiate.
- Corrected several potential GPF when using SSH and the SSH connection fails or commands are incorrect. This is normally a very rare condition.
- Corrected a potential problem in the SSH library when performing more than one transfer at a time, this problem could cause a transfer to fail.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released October 5, 2006. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8b to 0.9.8d.
- Previous versions of FTP Voyager didn't display blank response lines from the FTP server, changed to also show blank response lines.
- Added support for servers that send directory listings in a format similar to a Windows command prompt.
- Added support for certain FTP server types, where the server may include the thousands separator (either "." or ",") in file sizes.
- Added support for certain FTP server types, where file or folder times may be of the format HH::MM<sp>AM/PM in addition the format without the space between AM/PM.
- Corrected a bug when transferring multiple files with pop-up transfer dialogs disabled, only the first file found would transfer.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler was using a translated name for the scheduler information file ("FTP Voyager Scheduler.SCH"). Now the same file name is used for each translated version.
- Corrected a bug when a password is entered into the Site Profile Manager, but not saved, and that password is incorrect, FTP Voyager prompts the user on subsequent reconnects for the password, if the server responds with a 500 level error code.
- Corrected a bug where short cut keys wouldn't work unless the dialog was clicked on, or given focus again.
- Corrected a bug, introduced in version 126.96.36.199, where when canceling a file transfer the data channel connection wouldn't be closed.
- Corrected a bug, when reconnecting after an error, FTP Voyager could leave the command channel open in certain rare cases.
- Corrected a rare small memory leak when an upload failed.
- Corrected a problem, when uploading, the complete response from the server may not have been displayed when the data channel was prematurely closed.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released June 28, 2006. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager couldn't find the site profile while running as a system service on new installations.
- Corrected some errors in the French translation only that could cause FTP Voyager Scheduler to crash. This applied to the French translation ONLY, no other translations, including English, were affected.
- Updated the Simplified Chinese translation.
- Updated the German translation.
- Updated the Italian translation.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released June 21, 2006. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected the "Support" button in the "About | Network Configuration" dialog when the software is registered. Not all information was filled in automatically.
- Corrected a folder locking bug when renaming a locked local folder, FTP Voyager would convert the path to lower case when the server was not case sensitive, making all automatic renames in lower case.
- Corrected a bug, introduced into 220.127.116.11, where FTP Voyager did not remember it's maximized state between sessions.
- Corrected a bug, introduced into 18.104.22.168, where FTP Voyager Scheduler would not start minimized when starting up as a service.
- Corrected a technical issue that had no effect on FTP Voyager Scheduler, where the executable path name should have been contained in quotes. Although Windows says this is required if a path contains spaces, Windows doesn't appear to enforce this.
- Corrected a bug, introduced into 22.214.171.124, where normal users would lose their "settings" do to the lack of registry permissions. This problem usually affected corporate customers only.
- Corrected a bug when the default local directory ended with a backslash, FTP Voyager would not automatically move to the local directory.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released June 14, 2006. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a problem where the 16 color images were being loaded instead of the high color images for menu icons.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released June 12, 2006. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added "Network Information" to the "Help | About" dialog.
- Added "Automatic Update" capability to FTP Voyager, where FTP Voyager can automatically check for updated versions.
- Added the "Update Check" category under "Help | About".
- Added multiple languages to the installer. FTP Voyager now has one installer, independent of the user's desired language.
- Added the following languages to the FTP Voyager download: German, French, Italian, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese
- Added ability to add FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler to the Windows Firewall during installation on Windows XP SP2 or newer operating systems.
- Added 2 new public key file formats when creating SSH keys. FTP Voyager supports creating SSL, SSH, and OpenSSH public keys.
- Substantially improved FTP Voyager's startup time when short cuts exist on the user's desktop by reading the Windows shortcut file (the .LNK file) and decoding without using Windows.
- Improved how FTP Voyager navigates to UNC shares in the local pane, so that even when Windows doesn't list shares, FTP Voyager can drill into the UNC path.
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler's "Run as system service" option to start or stop FTP Voyager Scheduler in the selected fashion, either as a system service or stand-alone.
- Removed old Network Monitor integration from FTP Voyager Scheduler
- When browsing for a folder, FTP Voyager now uses the newer Windows XP Folder browser.
- Moved FtpTree, FTP Voyager, and FTP Voyager Scheduler resources to resource only DLLs for easier, more efficient translations.
- Reset the FTP Voyager Scheduler toolbar buttons to their default settings, due to shared resources between FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler
- Improved how the FTP Site Profile Manager, Synchronize Folders, and Find Files sizable dialogs look while sizing.
- Changed default Synchronize Folders options when connected to a Serv-U server.
- Updated installers and FtpTree to use new developer's signature.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8a to 0.9.8b.
- Updated the Splash graphic, wizard graphic, and installer wizard graphic to a new look.
- Disable local list options to delete an item if the item cannot be deleted from the local list.
- Improved the "Folder Shortcut" green icons to use the more modern XP style folder icons.
- Added Windows XP style alpha blended icons.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler could shut down when running as a service under Windows 98/Me when the user logs off.
- Corrected a problem, introduced in 184.108.40.206, under Windows NT 4.0 where FTP Voyager would not connect to a server.
- Corrected a problem when changing directories on an AS400 server where the CWD command would not be issued.
- Changed the registration ID dialog so that a bad registration ID doesn't exit the dialog.
- Corrected a bug, introduced into 220.127.116.11, where filters would not be applied to uploaded directories even when this option was enabled.
- Corrected a problem where the wrong help topic was appearing for include and exclude filters.
- Corrected a problem when an upload is successful, but the command connection is disconnected by the server, and FTP Voyager attempts to resume the transfer when the file was completely uploaded prior to the command channel disconnect. This error occurred only if the file was completely uploaded prior to the disconnect.
- Corrected a bug where editing a file on-line, uploading the changes, then downloading a file would cause FTP Voyager to deadlock, locking up.
- Corrected a problem where on some SSL servers the full SSL command set isn't implemented. For example the "PROT P" and / or the "PROT C" command isn't implemented. When this is the case, FTP Voyager simply assumes the data channel will be protected.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager would incorrectly display the SSL certificate information when asking whether or not to accept a particular certificate.
- Corrected a problem when the FTP server returns an empty response, FTP Voyager could ignore the command result.
- Corrected a problem where zlib1.lib was actually 18.104.22.168, not 22.214.171.124. Now the distribution contains the correct zlib DLL.
- Corrected a bug when using drag and drop from the remote list to the remote tree, FTP Voyager could cause a GPF after moving the files to another directory.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager could GPF when attempting to update the local list pane an very large directories while file changes are occurring. This was a very rare error condition.
- Corrected a problem where double clicking on a local item may not have started the item, if it was a short cut to a dial-up connection, for example.
- Corrected a minor problem when using the "pop-up menu" key on Microsoft keyboards, where the local and remote lists were empty, the pop-up menu could appear in the wrong location on the screen.
- Corrected a memory leak when using include or exclude filters on local folders.
- Corrected a problem with FTP Voyager Scheduler where the menu, toolbar, and status bar colors could become incorrect.
- Corrected a bug with Folder Locking where remote directory creation would not occur if the letter case of the parent directory did not match.
- Corrected a minor cosmetic bug when right mouse clicking in the local tree on a non-selected folder, the cursor would change to an hour glass until the menu was dismissed.
- Corrected a problem where the function keys listed in the right mouse click menu, in the FTP Site Profile Manager tree, (F7 and F11) would do nothing.
- Corrected a problem when creating a folder short cut for the remote server, a local directory was also created.
- Corrected a bug when running in Windows 98/Me when right mouse clicking in the remote list a second time, FTP Voyager would crash.
FTP Voyager Version 12 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released January 9, 2006. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added additional check using the SIZE command when resuming uploads, to ensure the file size is not exceeded.
- Corrected remote thumbnails, where the remote path contained an invalid path character such as ":" or "*" for Windows file names. When this occurred, thumbnail images would not appear in the remote pane.
- Corrected a bug when using certain HTTP proxy servers, FTP Voyager would get out of sync with commands and responses.
- Corrected a problem, introduced in 188.8.131.52, where FTP Voyager negotiates an SSL termination when issuing the CCC command. Previously it didn't do this. Now, the negotiation is done only when connected to a Serv-U server.
- Corrected a long standing Synchronize Folders problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler would fail to operate when the remote folder did not appear in the parent folder's listing. This problem showed itself primarily when the remote folder was on a different drive than the user's home folder.
- Corrected a bug where deleting folders and files inside a Folder ShortCut would fail.
- Corrected a VMS server problem where file names containing the $ character could cause uploads to fail.
- Corrected a VMS problem where the server could require the VMS version number in order to delete a particular file. When this happens, FTP Voyager tries deleting the file with the version number as part of the file name.
- Corrected a problem on some VMS servers where the permissions value wasn't being trimmed of leading characters.
- Corrected a potential problem where FTP Voyager might not allow the user to shut down FTP Voyager, thinking transfers were still running.
- Corrected a bug where switching to Thumbnails view in the remote pane could cause FTP Voyager to crash, depending on whether or not a default directory was set for the site profile.
- Corrected a problem where certain ProFTPD servers return 450 instead of 550 for the LIST command when a file doesn't exist. This caused FTP Voyager to retry a LIST command more times than needed.
- Corrected a bug where clear data channel may not have been working under certain circumstances
- Corrected a problem where if the "PROT P" command fails, FTP Voyager would still attempt to use an encrypted data channel.
- Corrected a bug where, on certain servers, an incomplete server response could have been considered complete by FTP Voyager.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released November 1, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated the FtpTree ActiveX interface and created the FTP Voyager Software Development Kit.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.8 to 0.9.8a.
- Substantially improved transfer rates on very fast networks, and when transferring many files at the same time.
- Substantially reduced CPU usage for very fast file transfers.
- Changed FTP Voyager exit so that exiting while an operation is active stops the operation, then exits.
- Added support for the "OmniStack FTP Server" which lists directories like UNIX, but pads files names with a lot of spaces on the right.
- Changed the installer to check the version numbers for shell extensions, so a computer restart isn't required when a shell extension file is in use.
- Substantially improved the log and transfer pane update speeds.
- Added the ability to define the number of threads to use for Synchronize Folders when using the FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Substantially improved FTP Voyager Scheduler's responsiveness to canceling transfers and tasks.
- Significantly improved FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler's performance, especially when using SSL.
- Updated the default transfer animations for pop-up transfer dialogs to use the Windows XP animations if FTP Voyager is running on Windows XP or better.
- Disabled the sending of the TYPE command when using MSLT / MLSD, it is not required and it has no effect on the listing.
- Improved description file parsing to strip file paths and a terminating colon.
- Corrected a minor error when detecting whether or not a connection attempt was canceled.
- Corrected an error when using "manual get" options to download files, and the source file doesn't exist and the local file exists, FTP Voyager would prompt for overwriting the file, when it should show an error as soon as it could.
- Corrected an error where FTP Voyager add-ons could receive the wrong session number when certain FTP errors occur.
- Corrected a potential memory leak when using compression during a upload, when a transfer was canceled or an error occurred.
- Corrected a bug where canceling a connection saver file transfer could make no additional PORT or PASV commands to be sent until another command was sent.
- Decreased the winsock send buffer back to the Windows default, the larger send buffer set in 220.127.116.11 would cause uploads on slow connections appear to be "hung".
- Corrected a bug introduced in 18.104.22.168 where uploading or downloading files where the server would return a failure code, the error wasn't being reported by a dialog box. This bug was introduced when correcting the reconnect problem upon error described below.
- Corrected a compression bug where, in certain conditions, where FTP Voyager would shutdown the data socket when uploading a file.
- Corrected a problem where the main thread's priority was elevated and not restored to the normal priority.
- Corrected a bug where the local tree could show the wrong directory name where the path and the display names were different. For example, "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents" would be displayed as "Documents" only.
- Corrected a problem where a local folder reports it contains no files or folders, but a scan of the fold reveals it does contain entries. The problem would not allow listings of one of these local folders in the local panes. This problem manifested itself when browsing to an iPod in the local panes.
- Corrected a problem with the transfer pane where items could appear with no text or icons.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler would appear "locked" while performing several transfers and tasks at the same time.
- Corrected a problem where running multiple Synchronize Folders operations, with many files, and at the same time, could cause FTP Voyager Scheduler to crash.
- Corrected a problem where the "Append Between Sessions" logging option was not working correctly, it would always append to the log file.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler Tasks might not cancel (by pressing the cancel button) when using Synchronize Folders.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager could fail on downloads, when attempting to create a directory, and another download (thread) is attempting to create the same directory or sub directory.
- Corrected a toolbar display bug in FTP Voyager Scheduler where the toolbar would be drawn incorrectly after starting a task.
- Corrected a bug where starting multiple FTP Voyager Scheduler tasks that use compression at the same time could cause a GPF.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would not recognize a file transfer's abrupt termination when the data socket was closed by the server.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager was not checking for the SSL shutdown or issuing the SSL shutdown when using the CCC (Clear Command Channel) command.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released August 2, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.7g to 0.9.8.
- Updated to zLib 1.2.3 from 1.2.2
- Improved transfer pane item update, some items were being updated even when it wasn't required.
- Improved Synchronize Folders so the dialog appears prior to searching sub directories, so the "Cancel" button is available if needed.
- Increased the winsock send and receive buffer sizes from 8192 bytes (the default) to a larger size of 100 KB, making transfers more efficient on higher bandwidth connections.
- Changed the MLST return code parsing mechanism to be more forgiving of servers that don't follow the MLST / MLSD specification to the letter.
- Improved cancel response when using power upload.
- Display better error messages in the log when queuing errors for Synchronize Folders (both FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler).
- Change the deletion confirmation prompt when deleting a shortcut to a folder, so it's clear the shortcut is being deleted, not the folder.
- Corrected a bug where using "Move Down" to download, then delete remote files, would cause FTP Voyager to crash (GPF).
- Corrected a problem were the FTP Voyager Scheduler user interface would appear to be locked up during very fast transfers, on a fast connection, and many, many files.
- Corrected a receive buffer problem where connecting to a server on a very fast LAN or connecting to a local host server, FTP Voyager would use an excessive amount of RAM.
- Corrected a potential GPF bug when canceling scheduler tasks.
- Corrected a bug when running the FTP Voyager Scheduler Synchronize Folders, where pressing cancel would not stop remote folder listing.
- Corrected a minor memory leak when using filters to exclude items from the remote list.
- Corrected the "Move Up" icon to match the menu, the arrow color was wrong.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler problem where using wild carded file names such as "*.*" could cause invalid RETR commands to be sent to the server.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler / Connection Saver bug where when attempting to download a non-existent file, FTP Voyager Scheduler would crash (GPF).
- Corrected an FTP Voyager / FTP Voyager Scheduler bug where attempting to download a non-existent file would cause a reconnect when the server returns the file doesn't exist.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler bug where attempting to start two FTP Voyager Schedulers at once could cause a GPF in one of the FTP Voyager Scheduler instances.
- Corrected a log display error, when canceling, FTP Voyager could show an "unknown socket error".
- Corrected a log display error, when canceling certain commands, an error would still appear in the log.
- Corrected a rare memory leak when file uploads fail.
- Corrected a memory leak when FTP Voyager / FTP Voyager Scheduler is unable to change the working directory.
- Corrected a memory leak when FTP Voyager / FTP Voyager Scheduler was unable to upload a file.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager was incorrectly showing the contents of the specified "Default Directory", if the default directory didn't exist.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would use a System Modal message box when not needed.
- Corrected an error message to include "MLSD" when an MLSD command is issued instead of LIST. Previously the Error message read: "Error sending command "LIST"..."
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler would not retry sending the LIST or MLSD command when a timeout occurs.
- Corrected a bug where if a file is locked, being used by another program, FTP Voyager first tried to create the remote file, before attempting to open the local file, causing a 0 byte file to appear on the server. Now FTP Voyager checks if it can open the local file before trying to create the remote file.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager Scheduler display bug where the "Repeat Run Time" column wouldn't update each time the repeat run time changed.
- Corrected a bug where an add-on may not be notified of a session completion, if the command socket was closed prior to the QUIT command, or when using SSH.
- Corrected a bug where the local list pane's automatic update was not working correctly when updating shortcuts. When new shortcuts were created in Windows, FTP Voyager would show multiple copies of all shortcuts in the current directory.
- Corrected a bug where some shortcuts in the local list would not appear with the shortcut "swoosh" on the icon.
- Corrected a bug where local properties on a shortcut showed the file or folder being pointed to by the shortcut, instead of the shortcut itself, like Windows does.
- Corrected a bug when automatically updating the local tree for a shortcut to a folder, the new folder would not appear in the local tree.
- Corrected a bug when automatically updating the local tree for a deletion of a shortcut to a folder, the deleted shortcut folder would not disappear from the local tree.
- Corrected a bug when deleting a shortcut in the local list, would cause an error message to appear even when the shortcut was deleted correctly.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released June 30, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for the MLSD command. MLSD replaces the LIST command to give consistent, more accurate, directory listing results independent of the server type.
- Added support for the MLST command. MLST is used when checking for information about a single file or directory. MLST provides much better and consistent information about files and directories than LIST. MLST also returns its single line results on the command channel, instead of opening a data channel like LIST, NLST, and MLSD.
- Added the ability to enable or disable the use of MLST / MLSD for site profiles, under the "Advanced | Connection" dialog.
- Improved description file parsing to give precedence to tabs over spaces when searching for file names in the file.
- Changed the remote list right mouse click pop-up menu option for "Properties" to read "Properties / CHMOD" to make the CHMOD capabilities more apparent.
- Improved message boxes displayed by FtpTree from within background threads. A modal message box is used, preventing further U/I activity until the message box is dismissed. As a result, the icon on the title bar, used by system modal message boxes, is no longer shown. This functionality is consistent with Windows and most Windows programs.
- Adjusted the Icy menu style text position up one pixel to match the other styles
- Corrected a bug where selecting multiple items in the list view and pressing F2 (rename) was allowed.
- Corrected a bug where in-line renaming, by clicking twice, would not work in the remote tree, local tree, or local list.
- Corrected a bug where selecting an item in the local list, then scrolling down so the selection is out of view, then pressing shift would cause the selected item to become visible again, automatically scrolling up to the item.
- Corrected a bug with OTP (S/Key password encryption) where if the server returned the OTP hash in any line other than the last line of the USER response, FTP Voyager would not recognize the OTP hash.
- Corrected a bug when deleting a Folder Short Cut FTP Voyager could crash.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler or FTP Voyager would not correctly call the FTP Voyager Rename Tweak prior to overwriting a file. FTP Voyager Scheduler always overwrites files. FTP Voyager can optionally overwrite files.
- Corrected some information in certain Tip of the Day messages. The message contained incorrect references to where certain menu options exist.
- Corrected a problem where removing the "Run as a System Service" check mark in FTP Voyager Scheduler, would cause FTP Voyager Scheduler to appear "locked".
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler were storing Port Range settings in different (and incorrect) registry locations. The result was that FTP Voyager Scheduler didn't use the Port Range settings defined in FTP Voyager.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler was appending an unnecessary "/" onto file names when downloading from the remote root directory and the remote directory was specified as "/" in a download action.
- Corrected a very small FTP Voyager Scheduler memory leak, when transferring multiple files.
- Corrected a bug with Folder Locking when connected to a case sensitive server. When changing the local folder, FTP Voyager converted the paths to all lower case. The lower case path conversion only occurs on known letter case insensitive servers. This bug only applied to changing the local folder, remote folder changing was working correctly.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released May 23, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added a new Tip of the Day topic for easily switching between Detail and Thumbnails views.
- Removed the need for FVSchedulerNT.exe when running the FTP Voyager Scheduler as an NT service. FTP Voyager Scheduler itself now runs as a native NT (Windows) service.
- When FTP Voyager downloads a file, and the file is a UNIX link, and file size less than 1KB, FTP Voyager now uses the SIZE commend to attempt to get the actual file size for accurate transfer statistics.
- When FTP Voyager performs thorough link resolution and encounters a file with a size less than 1KB, FTP Voyager will use the SIZE command to get the actual file size.
- Corrected the toolbar background color when using one of the "Windows Default" menu styles under Windows 9x/Me. NT based operating systems, such as NT, 2000, and XP do not appear to be affected.
- Corrected the Readme.txt file, removing support for Windows 95.
- Corrected several grammatical errors in the tip of the day text.
- Changed the Tip of the Day to use text instead of arrows for Next and Previous when the arrows font doesn't exist or can't be loaded.
- Corrected a problem when logging off and FTP Voyager Scheduler is running as a service, Windows would not allow the logoff. This problem was due to a Microsoft bug in the MFC DLL.
- Corrected a bug where, after starting with the local pane disabled, enabling the local pane would not show any items until FTP Voyager was restarted.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released May 9, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Improved menu and toolbar displays for various Windows themes.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would display file sizes, greater than 2GB incorrectly.
- Corrected a GPF where, when downloading to an off-line folder in Windows, FTP Voyager could crash. This was due to a bug in Microsoft's MFC DLL.
- Internal modifications for menus and toolbars for safer use of device context objects.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released May 3, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected an error message that referenced a DLL not used by FTP Voyager.
- Corrected installer problem where MSVCP71.DLL was not being included with the installer. This problem would cause the SSH DLL to NOT load.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager could not set file or folder attributes when using SSH.
- Corrected a problem where TiVo FTP servers are returning an incorrect response to the NLST command. FTP Voyager issues the LIST command for a file, the server returns "total 0", then FTP Voyager attempts to use NLST. When the NLST command is issued, the TiVo server incorrectly returns the file name.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager was not sending the file name when issuing a CHMOD command to a server.
- Corrected a bug when deleting a file, and the delete fails, attempting to deleted it again could cause a GPF.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released May 2, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a problem where auto refresh for local drives would cause access to a floppy disk.
- Corrected a bug where sending a local folder or file to the Recycle bin could cause FTP Voyager to hang.
- Corrected a problem when downloading files with "dynamic" icons, such as .EXE files, FTP Voyager would use the generic icon instead of the correct icon, under certain circumstances.
- Corrected a bug where files of differing letter case could be added to the local list multiple times. The local list was not ignoring letter case as Windows does.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released April 29, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.7e to 0.9.7g.
- Improved the automatic update of the local panes.
- Added support for servers that return file dates with "." as separators instead of "/" or "-".
- Added the use of the standard SYST command to help identify AS400 systems earlier in the connection process.
- Improved WM_TIMER handler efficiency.
- Changed column sort arrows to match the Windows XP column sort icons, used by Windows Explorer.
- Corrected a minor cosmetic problem when customizing either the remote or local toolbar, or adjusting the button sizes, the gradient would not display correctly after customization.
- Corrected a cosmetic problem where, when running in Windows XP Theme mode, the remote and local toolbar buttons could be one pixel too large.
- Corrected a problem where the local list pane's sort arrow would not appear under Windows 98/Me
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released April 25, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added thumbnail view mode for both the local and remote lists. Thumbnail mode is a great way to see image files both on the server and on your computer. This feature is ideal for webmasters and anyone sharing image files with others. Remote thumbnails are efficiently cached on your hard drive for the quickest display possible.
- Added support for FTP Voyager Add-Ons. FTP Voyager Add-Ons allow software developers to enhance the FTP Voyager functionality by writing software used by FTP Voyager. FTP Voyager Add-Ons can be configured for all FTP Site Profiles or for individual Site Profiles. For more information visit http://www.ftpvoyager.com/addons.asp
- Developed the first FTP Voyager Add-On, FTP Voyager Notify Add-On. This FTP Voyager Add-On can send an email message when certain events occur. This Add-On can be configured to send only when errors occur or for all events. For more information, visit http://www.ftpvoyager.com/addons.asp
- Developed FTP Voyager Transfer Tweak Add-On. FTP Voyager Transfer Tweak can be used to execute files before a file is uploaded or after a file is downloaded. This Add-On can be configured to run only on files meeting specified criteria. For more information, visit http://www.ftpvoyager.com/addons.asp
- Developed FTP Voyager Rename Add-On. FTP Voyager Rename can automatically rename files at the time of transfer if a file already exists with the same name. The pattern used to rename the file is user configurable with a variety of options. For more information, visit http://www.ftpvoyager.com/addons.asp
- Added two new FTP Voyager command line options to install and uninstall FTP Voyager Add-Ons. The command line is "-installaddon C:\Add-On\File\Path" and "-uninstalladdon C:\Add-On\File\Path".
- Added the ability to choose between several different menu and toolbar styles. This option is found under "View | Options | User Interface | Toolbars and Menus". Included in these styles are more modern looking Windows XP, Office 2003, and others.
- Added Toolbars and Menus options to simple mode options. Previously these options were hidden in simple mode.
- Added automatic monitoring of the current local directory, making sure file and folders automatically appear and update when created or changed by other programs.
- Changed the "About" dialog to include more information about FTP Voyager, and to include registration ID information and the EULA (End User's License Agreement).
- Added "Tip of the Day" to help customers understand more of the powerful features found in FTP Voyager. Tip of the Day comes up when FTP Voyager starts (and can be disabled) and is found under the Help menu.
- Added support for Serv-U's password expiration feature. If a server returns 233 as a response to a PASS command, FTP Voyager asks the user to change the account password before continuing. This is especially important for customers wanting to meet HIPAA requirements.
- Changed blue sort arrow icons for list headers to the more standard Windows style triangular arrow.
- Changed the sort arrows to point up for ascending, down for descending, like Windows Explorer.
- Changed date/time sort order to match Windows Explorer.
- Changed file name sorting to more closely match the Windows Explorer.
- Removed the ability to use the old button style menus.
- Removed the ability to disable graphical icons in menus.
- Added the ability to disable "Scheduler" and "Queue" from the menu bar. This was added for those customers who never use the FTP Voyager Scheduler and really don't need these options.
- Added the ability to encrypt the command channel only using "PROT C" to use clear-text for the data channel.
- Improved download error handling when the local target file can't be created, or its parent directory cannot be created. This correction is especially important in FTP Voyager Scheduler when the incorrect or a non-existent directory is specified by an action.
- Added the use of the SIZE command, if supported by the server, when using Manual Get on folders that don't allow listings. This allows FTP Voyager to know the size of files even when it can't determine file sizes with the LIST command.
- Changed "Tools | Windows Explorer" to open the Windows Explorer in the same directory as the local panes' current directory.
- Upgraded development environment from Microsoft Developer Studio 6.0 to Microsoft Developer Studio 2003.
- Upgraded Microsoft DLLs to MFC71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL.
- Upgraded InnoSetup installer to version 5.0 to reduce download size by about 22KB.
- Due to Microsoft DLL incompatibilities, discontinued support for Windows 95.
- Changed "Tools | Transfer Mode" order so that it's consistent with the toolbar drop down order "Binary | ASCII | Auto ASCII".
- Added "Disconnect" to the default toolbar.
- Removed "Clear Log" and "Filters" from the default toolbar.
- Added 256 color 16x16 "lock" icon, used in the status bar when connecting to a secure site.
- Added XCRC to the default custom commands list, removed "Change Attribute" because it confused many customers. The best way to change file attributes is using the Properties dialog for selected files.
- When an FTP Voyager Secure license is being used and running in Simple Mode, FTP Voyager now shows the secure options.
- Changed "View | Arrange Icons" to "View | Arrange Columns".
- Added "View | Arrange Columns | Reverse Sort" to clarify whether or not the sorted column is being sorted in reverse order. This is especially important for visually impaired customers.
- Added certain date and time variables to the paths in FTP Voyager Scheduler actions. When these variables are used, FTP Voyager Scheduler can create and use folders and files based on the current date and time. For example C:\TEMP\%m-%d-%Y would create a directory of C:\TEMP\3-15-2005 where %m-%d-%Y is the current date. For all of the available parameters select "Help" in the Action dialog.
- Removed the Connection Saver option in FTP Voyager Scheduler, since all file transfers are performed using Connection Saver.
- Show program specific icon for .SCR (screen saver), .MSC (Microsoft Common Console Document), .CUR (cursor), and .ANI (animated cursor) local files.
- Substantially improved startup time for directories containing files with many .EXE, .ICO, or other files using dynamic icons for display.
- Substantially improved icon searching for remote panes.
- Changed local file and folder properties to use Window's properties dialog.
- Changed the uninstaller to check the FTP Voyager data directory, and ask the user if it, and its contents, should be removed.
- If MM/DD/YY date checks don't work, DD/MM/YY is checked
- Corrected a bug where the status dialog, or transfer pane would show the incorrect number of files when downloading both files and folders. This was changed so that only files are included in the total.
- Corrected a bug where the navigation (Back and Forward) drop down menus would be entirely grayed out. These buttons are not available by default.
- Corrected MRU list mouse over status bar text to read "Connect to this site." instead of "Open this document".
- Corrected a problem in the FTP Voyager Scheduler Help menu where the Knowledge Base and the On-line Customer Service center links were incorrect.
- Corrected a potential GPF error in FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager could show the wrong date and time for disk drives and other local resources when showing the Properties dialog.
- Corrected a bug where a file or folder name could contain wild card characters, and the file would not be detected. For example "[b".
- Corrected a bug where icons were not being released in the local panes. This problem would appear when refresh was selected many times on the same directory.
- Corrected a problem where switching "Auto Arrange" on and off would lead to incorrect file and folder lists.
- Corrected a problem where searching the registry would not find certain file types such as .PDF for remote icons.
- Corrected a problem where SSL certificates created by FTP Voyager were "Version 4" when "Version 3" was the desired format.
- Corrected a problem where renaming a folder in the local tree could cause items shown in the local list to be invalid and unusable.
- Corrected a bug where selecting "Skip File" when downloading would cause the "skipped" file to retry the download.
- Corrected a potential problem when selecting "Skip File" for both download and upload during a move, FTP Voyager would delete the source file.
- Corrected a potential problem where FTP Voyager would attempt to maintain the date and time of a "skipped" file after an upload or download. FTP Voyager now skips trying to set the file date and time.
- Corrected a bug where renaming from within the local tree could fail, yet the information became updated in the tree.
- Corrected a problem where if an operation was canceled cached remote folders would not show any files or folders in the list.
- Corrected a bug when refreshing the local panes when "Desktop" was the selected folder, FTP Voyager would put another tree of information in the toolbar drop down combo box.
- Corrected a bug where the folder locking mechanism, when navigating local folders, was case sensitive and could cause folder locking to fail.
- Corrected a problem where "Copy" was enabled (not disabled) when there were no items in the sysop chat list.
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler to update the tray icon more frequently, and changed the shutdown / logoff procedures to make sure it remains running after log out.
- Corrected a problem where local next and back might not work when working with UNC directories.
- Corrected a bug when using SSL, and getting a directory listing, if the listing failed FTP Voyager would appear "hung" until manually stopped.
- Corrected a problem where, if a server is returning DD/MM/YY instead of MM/DD/YY certain files and folders could be ignored. Now FTP Voyager will assume either MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY for dates
FTP Voyager Version 11 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released January 3, 2005. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added the registry entry check "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Rhino Software\FTP Voyager\Use HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (a DWORD value), when set to 1, FTP Voyager used the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry branch for user settings.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler was looking in the wrong location in the Windows Registry for the user name for certain registry entries.
- Corrected a potential FTP Voyager Scheduler memory leak.
- Corrected a potential crash due to multiple scheduler transfers running at the same time.
- Corrected a bug where it was impossible to stop a single running task running inside FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Corrected a bug where when starting multiple scheduled tasks at the same time, one or more of the tasks would have a difficult time verifying the version number of FtpTree ActiveX control.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released December 7, 2004. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed release notes file to be more consistent with DNS4Me, Zaep, and AllegroSurf.
- Reduced installer size by about 315KB.
- Updated to OpenSSL libraries from 0.9.6m to 0.9.7e.
- Corrected a Synchronize Folders bug where FTP Voyager could confuse the location of the local folder when synchronizing down (local).
- Corrected a problem where local folders created by Synchronize Folders would appear in the wrong location in the local tree.
- Corrected a bug where when the Log Pane is disabled, and new items are entered into the log, the Log Pane would reappear.
- Corrected a bug on certain servers where the date format is MM-DD-YYYY instead of MM-DD-YY or MM-DD-YYY.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager would translate private IP addresses to public when connecting through a proxy server.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler may not have been able to find the correct user profile location when running as a service after having upgraded.
- Corrected a problem in the configuration dialog where FTP Voyager Scheduler may not see whether or not it was installed as a service.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released September 7, 2004. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for new proxy server type "UserID = userid@site proxy_userID". This type sends the following sequence to the proxy server:
- USER email@example.com proxyUser
- PASS password
- ACCT proxyPassword
- Changed About box to show the expiration date of a temporary registration ID.
- Version 18.104.22.168 stopped stripping MVS file extensions, which is okay for some MVS systems but not others. Added an advanced setting to enable or disable the stripping of file extensions when uploading to MVS servers. By default file extensions are stripped for MVS servers.
- Changed the registry location for FTP Voyager settings to HKEY_USERS under ".DEFAULT\Software\RhinoSoft.com\FTP Voyager\username". FTP Voyager versions 10.0 through 11.1 used HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to allow the FTP Voyager Scheduler access to certain information, however an NT user account wasn't allowed access to that section of the registry, settings could appear to be lost.
- Updated SSH library to the latest version.
- Corrected a long standing problem where on MS Windows servers running MS Directory listings, FTP Voyager could get "confused" if the first file in a listing was an empty file name.
- Corrected a problem where it was nearly impossible to cancel a scheduled Sync Local operation.
- Corrected a problem where the power transfer threads values for upload and download were reversed.
- Corrected a problem when using SSL, compression, and a SOCKS proxy server. Directory listings and file transfers would not work.
- Corrected a problem with MVS listings where it could possibly skip some folders.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager wouldn't send the keep alive while using PASV mode directly, not connecting through a proxy server.
- Corrected a bug where the List Options, "Full Row Select" and "Grid Lines" would not appear unchecked when returning to the List Options.
- Corrected a long standing bug where FTP Voyager could incorrectly rename files when using auto rename. The problem occurs only when the file name in front of the file extension is smaller by one character than the extension being tested.
- Corrected a bug where creating a folder on a UNC based folder (i.e., inside Network Neighborhood) the folder rename from "New Folder" to the desired folder would not appear in the local tree, but it would in the local list.
- Corrected a problem where the FAX purchase page would not come up when selected from the Purchase dialog started by the initial welcome dialog.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager would not run on a virgin Windows 95a computer.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released July 6, 2004. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for real-time, on-the-fly data socket compression using MODE Z.
- Added data socket (file transfer and directory listing) compression options for site profiles under "Advanced | Connection | Compression".
- Added support for CCC (Clear Command Channel). When enabled for an SSL site profile FTP Voyager stops using SSL, after login, when sending commands to the server. This is useful when using a NAT based network, the NAT router or proxy is able to translate FTP commands.
- Reduced installer file size by about 480KB.
- Corrected a potential problem using SOCKS5 proxy.
- Changed uploading for MVS servers where the file extension was being removed.
- Corrected a typo for "domain" where it was spelled "doman".
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released May 18, 2004. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for Ctrl+Ins in the log pane, which copies from the pane to the Windows Clipboard.
- Added support for some German UNIX servers where they append "." and ".," to the end of abbreviated months in directory listings.
- Corrected a typo in the remote and local toolbars for the pop-up help text it read "Ctrl+Shirt+" instead of "Ctrl+Shift+".
- Corrected a problem where Microsoft Windows would attempt to locate orphan shortcuts.
- Corrected a problem where the FtpTree ActiveX description said 10.0 instead of 11.0, this was an internal problem only.
- Corrected a problem where Ctrl+C would not work when doing inline file renames.
- Corrected the FTP Voyager directory parser to better recognize MacOS FTP servers.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler would not delete files if the folder containing the file was not already initialized.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager would show an error when attempting to change to a directory when using power upload. It shouldn't have been considered an error because FTP Voyager will create missing directories.
- Corrected a problem where Synchronize Folders Up (or in some cases Power Upload) could have troubles. The symptoms would include REST beyond the end of the remote file and the inability to Sync Folders. This problem was especially noticable when using a proxy server.
- Corrected a problem where Connection Saver caused Sync Folders and Power Transfers to hang up. Sync Folders no longer uses Connection Saver.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released April 27, 2004. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added Power Transfer. When using these options, FTP Voyager downloads multiple files in multiple connections. This feature is especially useful when downloading or uploading many small files as the overall transfer rate improvement can be substantial.
- Added the ability to control the number of power transfer threads both globally and/or for each site profile.
- Added the ability to control the transfer rate for file transfers. This feature is available both globally for all sites, and on a site-by-site basis, in the "Advanced | File Transfer" settings for a site profile.
- Added support for port ranges, limiting FTP Voyager PORT commands to a range of ports. This is VERY useful when using a NAT router and connecting to an SSL server, since the NAT server can't translate the PORT command, FTP Voyager can limit the ports it uses so port mapping can be used.
- Added support to use an IP address or dynamic DNS domain name for the PORT command. This is useful when using SSL through a NAT router.
- Added XCRC support to verify the contents of uploaded and downloaded files. If the server supports XCRC and this option is enabled FTP Voyager ensures the content of the file matches the file transferred.
- Added XCRC support on a site profile basis as well as globally.
- Changed the Log Pane to use the Windows Rich Edit control, allowing selection of content. This feature also greatly aids with the use of screen readers for the vision impaired.
- Improved Synchronize folders support by using Power Transfers and the number of threads, instead of basing the number of threads on directory synchronization.
- Added support for International Domain Names (IDN) such as www.enténial.com. For more information, visit http://www.idnnow.com/
- Added the ability to start an FTP Voyager Scheduler task at startup of FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Added an option to change the local file's date and time when uploading to a server that doesn't support maintaining file dates and times. This option is found under the Advanced settings for a site profile under "File".
- Added some system variables to local site profile paths. When used, FTP Voyager replaces the variable name with the information from Windows. These include %TEMP% (temporary directory in Windows), %WINDOWS% (Windows installation directory), and %SYSTEM% (Windows System directory).
- Added the FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler version numbers to the log file and when selecting "Copy to Clipboard" from the log pane.
- Added the option to save an FTP site password when prompted for the password when connecting to a site.
- Added FTP Voyager release notes "Version.txt" to the installation directory an as a "Start | Programs | FTP Voyager" menu selection.
- Added the ability to specify the location of FTP Voyager data files such as FTPVoyager.ftp (the site profile file). This option is found under "View | Options | General".
- Changed FTP Voyager to store Synchronize Folders settings on a site profile level instead of on a server level.
- Upgraded to MSVC 6.0 SP 6, and upgraded the associated MFC42.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL files.
- Upgraded InnoSetup installer to reduce download size by about 10%
- Updated OpenSSL libraries to 0.9.6m.
- Significant SSH upload speed increase (up to 3 times in some tests)
- Improved speed in SSH system negotiation exchange
- Improvement in SSH greetings exchange. Accepts 'unusual' greetings from the server, such as restriction banners, license agreements, etc.
- Added F11 (Connect) and F12 (Disconnect) accelerator keys.
- Moved global "File Transfer" options under the "Connection" settings to be consistent with the Advanced site profile settings.
- Changed Sycnronize Folders so it also creates and maintains empty directories.
- Improved Synchronize Folders so that filtering is properly applied to sub directories, looking only at the file name, not the entire path.
- Corrected a bug where when starting FTP Voyager without the local drives enabled, then enabling, FTP Voyager would show empty local folders. If F5 (Refresh) was selected FTP Voyager could GPF.
- Corrected a bug where Implicit SSL connections would not work through an HTTP proxy server.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager might try to perform a keep alive prior to actually being connected to the server.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager, when started from a browser or command line, used the previous Quick Connect settings; now the default site profile settings are used.
- Corrected a problem when using "File | Put", and entering a file name that didn't exist, FTP Voyager would attempt to upload the file, asking for overwrite permissions, and so on. This was changed to display a message that the file doesn't exist.
- Corrected a problem where "Copy to Clipboard" in the log didn't format COMMAND:>, STATUS:>, and ERROR:> correctly.
- Corrected a problem where FtpTree.ocx couldn't be found when FTP Voyager Scheduler is being run as a service. FTP Voyager Scheduler now tries to register the control each time it starts.
- Corrected the FTP Voyager Scheduler's use of the CLNT command to identify itself as "FTP Voyager Scheduler"
- Corrected a problem where "Move Up" would not appear in the local list right mouse click menu if multiple files were selected.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager would not ask for a destination folder for "Move Down" when local folders were not being shown.
- Corrected a problem in Sync Folders where the filtering character would not be recognized if a directory didn't exist on both the local and remote computer.
- Corrected a bug where when selecting a remote folder's property page from the tree, and changing permissions multiple times, subsequent permission changes would fail until the dialog was closed and opened again.
- Corrected a problem where the focus in the Exclude and Include filter dialogs would remain on the Add button even though the Add button was disabled. When disabled, focus now moves to the filter text field.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager's help system may not have been able to find the help's content file.
- Corrected a problem where uninstalling from within the trial of FTP Voyager, FTP Voyager would appear to hang.
FTP Voyager Version 10 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.7 was released January 1, 2004. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added an automatic backup feature for the "FTP Voyager.ftp" Site Profile file. Prior to each save "FTP Voyager.ftp" is backed up to "FTP Voyager.ftp.backup". Every 5 days the backup file is backed up to "FTP Voyager.ftp.old.backup". The backup procedure is ignored if the original file size is less than 1KB.
- Removed the installer's administrative rights restriction.
- Added the ability for FTP Voyager to translate private IP addresses into external IP addresses when using PASV mode. This feature helps when using SSL with a server behind a NAT proxy server / router.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries to version 0.9.6l.
- Changed sorting of Folder Short Cuts by date so they are considered the most recent and placed at the top in the remote list.
- Corrected CSV import and export to use and recognize two double quotes as a literal value, and not attempt to parse out a field.
- Corrected a bug where "New Scheduler Task" would not work.
- Corrected a bug where importing from FTP Explorer would not work.
- Corrected a bug where SSH folders would not appear sorted in the remote tree.
- Corrected a bug where using Folder Short Cuts and connecting to an SSH site, the initial sorting of these items was incorrect.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would not "remember" the server's location or time zone under Windows 9x/Me.
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.6 was released November 13, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries to version 0.9.6k.
- Added the ability to enter VMS style directory names in the default directory for Site Profiles.
- Corrected a toolbar bug when running under Windows XP Korean where the toolbar appeared truncated.
- Corrected a log pane problem when running under Windows XP Korean where the top pixels of the last entry in the log were truncated.
- Corrected a bug under Windows 9x/Me where FTP Voyager could place the FTPVoyager.ftp in a root directory.
- Corrected a problem where VMS drives could not be specified in the "Default Directory" field for a site profile.
- Corrected an on-line editing problem where the "Files Being Edited" dialog could appear with no files in it.
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.5 was released September 30, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added the ability to run custom commands immediately after login to a server.
- Added the ability of FTP Voyager Scheduler to execute Custom Commands as specified by the selected Site Profile.
- Corrected a bug on dual monitor systems where the transfer animation would cause the pop-up transfer dialogs to be extremely huge.
- Corrected the missing support for "ftp://" urls when accessed through the command line or "Start | Run" in Windows. This was accidentially removed in version 10.0. To enable or disable change the settings in "View | Options | Browser Integration".
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.4 was released August 18, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug under Windows 98 SE German (and probably other language versions) where FTP Voyager would crash while trying to connect. This problem was intruduced in version 10.0.
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.3 was released August 7, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added the ability to specify a data directory for FTP Voyager's data files. "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rhino Software\FTP Voyager\userid\FTP\DataDirectory" can be used to specify a full path to the location of data files.
- Corrected a problem where pop-up transfer dialogs were reporting incorrect rates when automatically resuming broken transfers.
- Corrected a calculation problem when displaying auto-resume transfer rates.
- Corrected a bug where, when using status only in the log pane, FTP Voyager could eventually GPF if a large number of files was being transferred.
- Corrected a bug where, entering a non-numeric value into the remote file(s) properties dialog, FTP Voyager would continually display an error message not allowing the user to continue.
- Corrected a startup bug, where after using Simple mode trial for 25 days, a message was to appear, however it could cause FTP Voyager to GPF.
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.2 was released June 26, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed "View | File Trees" to use Alt+I instead of Alt+T for the keyboard shortcut.
- Corrected a status bar problem where it did not show the remote selection when selecting the transfer pane.
- Improved AS400 support for file uploads.
- Corrected a Simple Mode problem where navigating to a sub directory, then uploading a file, the file would not appear without refreshing the listing.
- Corrected a bug in Simple Mode where double clicking on a file would do nothing, it now downloads.
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.1 was released May 23, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated to OpenSSL 9.6j SSL libraries
- Added support for SSCN to allow support for server-to-server transfers between two SSL servers. At the time of release this feature is experimental and supported by only a couple servers.
- Improved SSL data connection support, performing the data connection in a background thread, allowing FTP Voyager to asynchronously receive command responses and negotiate the SSL data connection.
- Improved the status display to show transfer completion for multiple small file transfers on fast connections.
- Corrected missing status bar help text for "View | Arrange | Auto Arrange"
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager would not delete a file when moving up in SFTP (SSH) mode.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager, running SFTP (SSH), would not prompt for a password.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager, running SFTP (SSH), would not perform any connection retries.
- Corrected a typo in the startup wizard "Manger" --> "Manager"
- Corrected an old Scheduler bug where when using "Daily" the scheduler would skip to the next day, using "Daily" events, and the computer was shut down during a scheduled event.
- Corrected a bug where some UNIX servers append a '/' to the end of directory names. When FTP Voyager sees a '/' at the end of a UNIX folder name, it is now removed.
- Corrected a bug where some UNIX servers append a '*' to the end of file names that are executable. When FTP Voyager sees a '*' at the end of a UNIX file name, it is now removed.
- Corrected three possible buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
- Corrected a problem during installation, if a dialog was up, and the installer was run, FTP Voyager could cause a GPF while trying to shutdown.
- Changed the "Start | Programs | FTP Voyager" help options to use the standard Windows help files.
- Corrected a problem on some systems where the installer would appear to simply hang when started.
- Corrected a potential GPF, although rare, where if a previously selected site was deleted by another running copy of FTP Voyager, then restarted, change the proxy settings in "View | Options" without selecting a different profile, FTP Voyager could GPF.
- Corrected a problem with SSL and SurgeFTP servers where the data connection would not get negotiated because FTP Voyager was waiting for the command response.
- Corrected a problem with upload resume where FTP Voyager would not resume at the correct location.
FTP Voyager 10.0.0.0 was released April 25, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for SSH (SFTP through SSH). Using SFTP all communications between the server and FTP Voyager are encrypted. In addition SFTP offers additional benefits including the ability to maintain dates and times of uploaded files, and to use a single socket for file transfers, directory listings, and SFTP commands, making it easier to use through a firewall.
- Added Automatic Time Zone adjustments when connecting to Serv-U servers. FTP Voyager will automatically adjust file dates and times to local dates and times if connecting to a Serv-U server.
- Added support for HUGE file sizes, and huge file transfers. FTP Voyager status displays now supports files and transfers larger than 2GB. FTP Voyager correctly displays status for files and transfers up to about 9,000,000 TB.
- Added "Simple Mode". This mode hides the more complex features of FTP Voyager, making FTP Voyager a VERY simple to use FTP client. Switching between Simple and Full modes is very easy, just use the "View | Simple Mode" menu option or press Alt+M.
- PATENT PENDING: Added support for locking local and remote folders. RhinoSoft.com has applied for a U.S. Patent for this feature.
- Added support to automatically select the corresponding remote folder when a local folder is selected, and automatically selects a local folder when a remote folder is selected.
- Added support for file and folder rename using folder locking. When a remote file or folder is renamed, the local file or folder is renamed automatically. When a local file or folder is renamed, the remote file or folder is renamed automatically.
- Added support for folder creation using folder locking. When a remote folder is created, the local folder is created automatically. When a local folder is created, the remote folder is created automatically.
- Automatic deletion is intentionally unsupported.
- Added support for SSH Key Pair creation for both DSA and RSA key types.
- Added "Server Location" (time zone of the server) under the "Advanced | General" settings for a site profile. This option adjusts file dates and times to the local time of your computer. This option replaces "File Hour Offset" used in previous versions.
- Improved upload transfer rates on VERY fast connections. FTP Voyager now automatically determines the optimum buffer size for uploading files based on the transfer rate achieved.
- Improved performance when running over a very fast connection, uses less CPU cycles.
- Improved transfer rate accuracy to include fractions of seconds, and to include only file transfer activity in the calculations. FTP Voyager no longer includes file transfer overhead in these calculations.
- Added Navigation drop down boxes for both remote and local panes.
- Added the ability to drag and drop files on the local panes.
- Deleting local files and folders now copies to the Recycle Bin by default. Pressing and holding the Shift key while deleting physically deletes from the hard disk.
- Added the ability to check the total size of remote and local folder selections while in the "Properties" dialog. When the "Properties" dialog is up an option appears that allows you to determine the total size including contained files and subfolders.
- Added an option to "Test" the proxy server in the "Proxy | Options" dialog. This feature allows you to simply and quickly test using your proxy server.
- Added a Site Profile Wizard to aid in the creation of Site Profiles.
- Added a Connection Wizard to aid in connecting to FTP sites.
- Added a first-time use startup wizard to help in setup. Contains information about Simple and Full Modes along with PASV mode and an on-line tutorial.
- Added support for RFC change and the MDTM. MDTM requires sending the server GMT (UTC) instead of a "fixed" date and time. FTP Voyager supports this with Serv-U automatically by checking the Serv-U version number and by checking the response to the FEAT command for MDTM. Servers returning "MDTM" or "MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS[+-TZ] filename" will use the old method. Servers returning "MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS" only will use the new method where the date and time is GMT (UTC).
- Added "AUTH TLS" support for those servers supporting TLS only.
- Added support for VShell SSH server directory listings.
- Added the ability to disable and enable the remote and local tree panes
- Added new "Look and Feel Style" called "Simple - Side by Side, Log-Top, Local-Left, No Trees"
- Added toolbar option to enable or disable folder locking.
- Added the ability to make FTP Voyager Scheduler work as a system service.
- Removed RESUME check when connecting to Serv-U servers. All Serv-U versions >= 2.0 support resume.
- Removed RESUME (REST 100, REST 0 sequence) when server returns "REST STREAM" as part of its response to "FEAT"
- Removed send and receive buffer sizes from both the global options and from the site profile options. FTP Voyager now automatically calculates buffer sizes.
- Changed pop-up transfer dialogs to use a decimal point for the percent complete.
- Added on-line Knowledge Base, Technical Support, and Customer Service Center links under the "Help" menu.
- Added the ability to prevent the "FEAT" command from being issued. Some servers disconnect with this command is issued.
- Added support for HTTP non-authenticated servers
- Removed "Manual Get Global List" selection from Session Profile Advanced settings. A global list is no longer used.
- Switched from InstallShield to InnoSetup for FTP Voyager installer, reducing the download size by about 500KB, and making the installer look more modern.
- Numerous installer changes including: removed legacy blue background window, new wizard images, allow Start Menu entry selection.
- Added support to installer for silent installs. To run the FTP Voyager setup program using the silent install feature the command line is: "ftpvsetup /silent" or "ftpvsetup /verysilent" without the quotes where "ftpvsetup" is the name of the installer program.
- Improved file transfer status display to include fractions of seconds.
- Added KB/MB/GB summary for file sizes in property dialogs, in addition to bytes only.
- On a new installation, pop-up transfer dialogs appear by default.
- Installer no longer requires the selection of the Internet connection type (speed).
- Added support for "HP NonStop" (a.k.a. Tandem) servers.
- Added support for NLST directory names, when an NLST name ends with a "/" (forward slash) FTP Voyager interprets the item as a directory.
- Added the ability to turn the server welcome message pop-up on or off on a site-by-site basis. This new option is found in the "Advanced | General" settings for a site profile.
- Prevent the LIST command being sent by FTP Voyager Scheduler when uploading specific files. This is useful when the directory into which a file is being uploaded contains many files.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries to 0.9.6i
- FTP Voyager can now use Windows 2000 style help, where the index, topics, and search capabilities appear in the help window.
- Changed FTP Voyager Scheduler to start on the minute designated, ignoring the seconds.
- Added "Repeat Run Time" column in FTP Voyager Scheduler. This column is used for those tasks that repeat, it shows the next time the task is scheduled to repeat.
- Moved "File | New | Session" to "File | Connect using Site Profile Manger"
- If the Site List isn't being used on the toolbar, the Site Profile Manager hides the "available on toolbar" check mark.
- Changed the availability of "Put". When nothing is selected, Put uploads to the current folder, when a single folder is selected uploading goes to the selected folder (as before), if multiple items are selected uploading goes to the overall folder.
- Changed "File | Download" to perform the same function as "File | Get" when the local pane is not visible.
- Changed the default confirmation button for file and folder deletion "No".
- Added the ability to select MVS directory listings under the Advanced settings for a site.
- Added "-nostartupwizard" as a command line option to disable the initial startup wizard
- Added "Extra LIST Parameters" to CSV export and import.
- Corrected a problem where corrupt site profile, and local cache files could cause FTP Voyager to crash at startup.
- Corrected a problem where UNIX permissions "rws" were not recognized by FTP Voyager, causing FTP Voyager not to allow the user to perform a CHMOD on certain files or folders.
- Moved registration location to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, a better location since the software is licensed per computer, not per user.
- Corrected a bug where the log pane could show the incorrect transfer rate and transfer time. The log pane, wasn't accounting for any pause time, waiting for user responses.
- Corrected a bug where, after a failed download due to a full hard drive, the output file wasn't being closed, therefore any program could not change or delete the partially downloaded file.
- Corrected a bug where a canceled download could cancel future downloads, unless reconnecting to the server.
- Corrected a bug where the transfer rate would be inaccurate when answering "no" and "no to all" for the overwrite prompt and using "skip" file.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler's tray icon would blink constantly on certain computers.
- Corrected a bug where certain errors were not being displayed in the log pane.
- Corrected a very minor memory leak when creating SSL certificates upon user request.
- Corrected a bug where pressing the "Help" button (as opposed to using F1) in the Alternate Editors and Auto Rename dialogs, the help for the parent dialog would appear.
- Corrected a minor bug where switching between proxy server types between sessions, could cause FTP Voyager attempt to use a proxy server when none was specified.
- Corrected a bug where if a file didn't exist, and FTP Voyager Scheduler attempted to retrieve a file, it would wait for a timeout, instead of using the return value from the RETR command. This could cause a task to take longer than expected to complete.
- Corrected a bug where using "Edit | Session Profiles" would move back to the default local folder.
- Corrected a bug where UNC paths wouldn't work for local folders.
- Corrected a bug where when using the local Next and Back buttons, FTP Voyager would change the default local directory for the current site profile.
- Corrected a bug where if a local file being uploaded, was deleted prior to actually being uploaded, FTP Voyager would create an "empty" file on the server. Now the file upload is not attempted.
- Corrected a bug where creating a new Scheduler task could cause a GPF.
- Corrected a bug in FTP Voyager Scheduler, where the Scheduler could crash if the password for a site wasn't saved.
- Corrected a very old bug where, if the Site List on the main toolbar was disabled, the MRU list under the "File" menu selection would not work.
FTP Voyager Version 9 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released January 7, 2003. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Updated the Open SSL DLLs to version 0.9.6h.
- Added delete confirmation as an option for task and schedule deletion.
- Adjusted Browser Integration for IE 6 SP1, where a strange bug in IE 6 SP1 (not FTP Voyager) causes small images to be missing on certain web pages.
- Added support for IE FTP secure FTP servers.
- When converting DOS file names with special characters such as *|?, etc to "_" check for DBCS.
- Corrected a problem when using SSL, some of the SSL DLL library initialize functions were being called when not required. Removing these calls could increase speed.
- Corrected a bug when using SSL connections, some memory would not be released causing a memory leak.
- Corrected "on-line" editing dialog when using Connection Saver. In previous versions 9.1 versions "on-line" editing would sometimes cause a "file not found" error in the editor, or the file would not get uploaded.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released December 17, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed log, where in the case of odd font sizes, scrolling could be done incorrectly where the first row of pixels of a line item would become truncated.
- Corrected a problem where server return values could be incorrectly interpreted when numeric values were not part of the return value. This problem would usually show itself on VERY fast connections only.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released October 8, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Rebuilt FTP Voyager and released when it was learned the computer on which FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was built had a bad RAM chip. The likelihood of a corrupt build of FTP Voyager is very small, however we have re-released to be safe.
- Corrected a server-to-server transfer bug intruduced in version 9.0.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released September 25, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed automatic on-line editing so that FTP Voyager checks for file changes when it becomes the foreground application. In previous versions FTP Voyager used the process ID of the started editor.
- Added support for another set of French month abbreviations for a UNIX server.
- Added special hosting offer from HostVoyager.com
- When a server returns MDTM as part of the supported commands in response to a FEAT command, FTP Voyager attempts to maintain uploaded dates and times. Since this command is a Serv-U and FTP Voyager extension to the RFC MDTM command it is still possible to turn this command off in the Advanced settings for a site profile.
- Updated SSL libraries to version 0.9.6g
- Changed "Alternate Editors" feature to ignore letter case for file extensions.
- Added support for TopStyle HTML/CSS editor (http://www.BradSoft.com/). If TopStyle is installed, FTP Voyager will recognize TopSyle and make it the default HTML editor inside FTP Voyager.
- Removed support for ID Assure.
- When overwrite confirmations are enabled, prompt user for overwrites when using "Open" and "View".
- Changed overwrite confirmation dialog to display both source and destination paths.
- After downloading a file for on-line editing, the download connection session is now terminated. FTP Voyager no longer remains connected while waiting for you to edit a file.
- Corrected a bug with Description files where minor variations in the file name would cause incorrect descriptions to be shown. For example, extra letters at the end of a file name.
- Corrected a problem with FTP Voyager Scheduler where it might not load the FTP engine, giving an error message about the version number not being correct.
- Corrected a problem where FTP Voyager Scheduler was unable to open the FTP engine to perform scheduled operations.
- Corrected a problem where too many nested directories could cause mass downloads or synchronization to fail due to a problem where Windows events were not being released. This problem usually showed up when using Sync Folders, or copying huge numbers of files from a server.
- Corrected a status bar problem where "Refreshing..." would not be displayed while refreshing a directory.
- Corrected a bug where deleting a file or folder that could not be deleted would cause the file or folder to disappear in the list even when it wasn't deleted.
- Corrected a bug that when the FTP Voyager Scheduler opened FTP Voyager based on a clipboard URL, FTP Voyager would improperly parse the command line sequence for the URL.
- Corrected "smart reconnect" bug for PORT and PASV modes. FTP Voyager would be unable to connect back when errors occur with these commands.
- Corrected a problem where the file transferring status was being placed in the log, even if the user canceled a file transfer.
- Corrected a problem where the transfer complete sound would play in some cases where a file would not get transferred.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released August 15, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for Portuguese UNIX servers.
- Corrected a bug where on a very fast LAN connection and on a very fast computer, FTP Voyager could drop some data.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released July 30, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed phone number to (262) 560-9627 and FAX number to (262) 560-9628.
- Removed string compilation on UNIX based file names converting URL hex characters to a value. (i.e., %20 shouldn't actually be converted to a space for directory listings).
- Improved download speed and performance.
- At startup ask the user if he wants to use PASV mode or not.
- Added support for servers that use Russian month representations.
- Added ".css, .php, .inc, .1st, .asp, .bat, .bash, .cfm, .dhtml, .xml, .mak, .pinerc, .pl, .pm, .qmail, .screenrc" as default text file types.
- Corrected possible memory leak problem when using SSL.
- Corrected a GPF problem where if not connected, and attempting to perform a drag and drop opertaion to the remote tree, FTP Voyager could GPF.
- Corrected a GPF bug in Sync Folders where file dates were far into the future, now they're capped at 2037.
- Corrected a SOCKS proxy server error where if connecting to a VERY fast proxy server or one locally, FTP Voyager may have ignored the server welcome message, causing the connection to fail.
- Corrected a bug where File Transfer settings in the advanced dialog for sites was not being saved.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released April 24, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Help file in version 18.104.22.168 was not working. Corrected the help file problem. This version is identical to version 22.214.171.124, other than the help file and version number change.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released April 22, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where on a faster computer FTP Voyager would delay parts of downloaded files
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager Scheduler could not start FTP Voyager.
- Added missing thread safe handling to SSL library. This problem probably did not affect previous versions of FTP Voyager Secure.
- Signed downloadable installation file.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released April 4, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected bug where AIX servers' directory listings could be parsed incorrectly
- Corrected a bug where under Windows 9X/Me FTP Voyager Scheduler would crash after starting a task.
- Increased the speed of the UNIX parsing mechanism.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released February 18, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected SSL problem with RadianFTP servers, where FTP Voyager was waiting for the 150 repsonse code prior to negotiating the SSL connection.S
- Corrected a bug where under Windows 9x/Me the site profile would be placed in the root directory.
- Remove the word "Cute" from the "Look and Feel" options.
- Added support for the
FEAT command. FTP Voyager will issue this command
to determine some of the supported extended
server commands. Currently FTP Voyager supports:
- MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS filename
- LIST -laT
- LIST -T
- Changed "PROT p" command to use "PROT P" (upper case P)
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released February 8, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where on a FAST network, Implicit SSL connections could fail the first time.
- Corrected a bug where if remote and local toolbars were customized from "View | Options" while they were not visible, FV would GPF.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released February 4, 2002. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added SSL (secure) support. FTP Voyager supports both Implicit and Explicit SSL servers. SSL support adds verification of both the client and server through certificates, and encrypts data transfers to keep your important information private.
- Added warnings to use SOCKS proxy servers and SSL.
- Added SSL certificate creation support, creating self-signed certificates, certificate requests, and private key files.
- Added "Trusted Certificate" support, whereby FTP Voyager considers certain certificates as "okay", and automatically accepts them.
- Added Import and Export support for Trusted Certificates.
- Added SSL Certificate verification when connecting to SSL enabled FTP servers. This feature verifies a certificate's valid date range and the host name allowing the user to connect or cancel the connection.
- Added SSL Certificate viewing when connecting to SSL enabled FTP servers.
- Added new Options dialog that uses a tree instead of tabs to break the options into categories.
- Broke up certain Options categories into smaller sub categories, making the options dialog much easier to understand and follow.
- Added new Advanced Site Profile settings dialog that uses a tree instead of tabs.
- Rearranged Advanced Site Profile settings pages so it's easier to understand.
- Added comments to each of the Advanced Site Profile settings for "quick help".
- Added 256 color images for toolbars and menus.
- Added XP style "hot" images for toolbars when the mouse moves over the button.
- Added XP style selected columns to show which column is the sort column.
- Changed the location of the Site Profile file "FTPVoyager.ftp" to be placed in the Application Data directory
- Added SysOp chat function. When the FTP server SysOp sends a message, this dialog allows you to chat directly with the SysOp.
- When unsolicited SysOp messages arrive, FTP Voyager opens the SysOp chat dialog.
- Added "Tools | Import | Text (CSV) File" allowing you to import sites stored in CSV (comma separated value) text files.
- Added "Tools | Import | CuteFTP Text File" allowing you to import sites text files exported by CuteFTP and CuteFTP Pro.
- Added "Tools | Export Sites" allowing you to export site profiles from FTP Voyager to a CSV (comma separated value) text file.
- Added support for the Delete key in the Find Files dialog.
- Changed default password setting to MD5 password encryption for S/Key servers. All new site profiles will automatically recognize S/Key servers and use either MD4 or MD5.
- Added Sync Folders support for "Newer" files. When not ignoring newer files they will be uploaded or downloaded as selected.
- Added a message preventing the user from closing FTP Voyager if file transfers are in progress and the user is not using pop-up transfer dialogs, as found in "View | Options | GUI".
- FTP Voyager Scheduler now closes the log after each task completes. This gives the user the opportunity to move the file, delete the file, or other items as needed.
- Added better native support for WFTPD servers.
- Added support for WFTPD Windows servers such that FTP Voyager recognizes that WFTPD file systems are case insensitive. (support already exists for Serv-U, Microsoft, and others)
- Added tooltips to lists when the information in a column is truncated
- Added status bar in Site Profile manager. The new status bar now displays, last connect time, connection duration, number of folders and sites in a folder.
- Added Windows XP "Manifest" to give the Windows XP look and feel to FTP Voyager.
- Removed "Caps" and "NumLock" indicators on the status bar.
- Added "-noduration" command line parameter so that Site Profile durations are cleared.
- Added connection duration status on the status bar of the main window.
- Added lock icon on the status bar to identify a connection to a secure server.
- Added transfer mode icon on the status bar along with the already existing "BIN", "ASCII", and "AUTO".
- Added support for maintaining file dates and times for WS_FTP Server uploads.
- Added "Secure Computer" icon to both the FTP Site Profile Manager and to the remote tree. This icon is used when connecting to a secure server.
- Added Orange, Cherry, Midnight, Detroit, and Minnesota to GUI options highlight preset colors for both FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Improved registration IDs so that name and email address are stored in the ID itself. It is no longer required to have separate fields for the IDs.
- Changed default RGB values for colors so that they match predefined colors in the Windows color selection dialog.
- Changed the folder icons to the Windows XP folder icons.
- Changed the Windows Generic File icon to the matching Windows XP icon.
- Added "Properties" icon to the main toolbar.
- Added "Properties" icon to pop up menus.
- Added "Track Select" support to the FTP Site Profile Manager
- Added Windows XP AVI's for pop-up transfer dialogs
- Added ability to use NLST instead of LIST for simple directory listings, on servers that may only support NLST or that FTP Voyager does not recognize.
- Changed file listings to omit file date and time, and size, if this information is not returned by the server. This is especially important on UNIX style servers that don't return file times on old files, or when using simple directory listings.
- The log now displays "unsolicited responses", or those messages from the server that do not go with a command. This is valuable for SysOp messaging.
- Added Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro support for Back, Forward, Stop, Refresh, and Favorites.
- Added ASP folder for ASP member sites to the default site list.
- Corrected a bug where when using Find Files and Delete the remote file list would not get updated, and if deleting multiple files could cause a GPF.
- Corrected a bug where if moving directories from a directory not in the root, the source on the FTP server might not get deleted.
- Corrected a bug where if a certain sequence of downloads, uploads, and folder creation occurred, and a folder has a file extension such as ".JPG", the icon shown for the folder in the local list could be incorrect.
- Corrected a bug when using folder shortcuts of folders where the name matched the folder, reconnect would cause the folder to disappear, but the shortcut would remain. This was a cosmetic bug only.
- Corrected a potential problem where the Site Profile Manager, Find Files, and Sync Folders dialogs could appear "off-screen" when the main window was very small and in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where Synchronize folders would work incorrectly. This normally happened when "Don't Delete" was not checked.
- Corrected a FAT bug where file time "seconds" must be divisible by two. In the case of servers that support file time "seconds", the downloaded file may be off by as much as on second if the file time "seconds" is an odd number. This is NOT a problem when using NTFS.
- Corrected a Scheduler bug where downloading directly to a root directory from another directory was not working.
- Corrected a bug where UNIX files with trailing spaces were having their file or folder names trimmed, removing the trailing spaces.
- Corrected a problem with "Go to Remote Dir" (manual CWD) where FV would not go to the directory if the parent directory was initialized, and the directory did not appear in the child list. This meant that the function would not work for hidden directories.
- Corrected a problem when renaming a directory with cached sub directories. FTP Voyager did not update the cached sub directory's parent name, causing it to use the old parent directory name.
- Corrected a SOCKS bug where FTP Voyager would not properly connect to the SOCKS server on a very fast LAN.
- Corrected a OPEN and SITE proxy bug where PASS would always be sent, even if FTP Voyager had no password to send.
- Corrected a potential bug when using a SOCKS proxy server, and host resolution was required; FTP Voyager could GPF on certain computers.
- Corrected a bug where after connecting to a site, navigating to various directories, then disconnecting from the site, the "Forward" and "Back" buttons on the toolbar were still available.
- Corrected a problem where the icons, read from other applications, were read as 16 color icons only. Now FTP Voyager will choose the best fitting color depth with the display settings. This gives higher color icon displays for remote files.
- Corrected a bug where the time estimate and transfer rate would be incorrect in the transfer status pane if a file was resumed when uploading. This error did not appear in the transfer dialogs, only in the transfer list.
- Corrected a bug where directory listings could get goofed up if the server uses <LF> only for line separation in directory listings (such as on VxWorks servers). Even though, when using TYPE A, the server is supposed to output <CR><LF> between lines. FTP Voyager correctly interprets both <LF> and <CR><LF> line separation.
- Corrected a directory listing bug where the end of a directory could get lost. This was only shown with Serv-U servers where the data socket close came before the end of the directory listing.
- Corrected a problem where using network computers for the default local directory, would not go back to that directory under XP. This was due to the new XP way of displaying computer names.
- Corrected a potential problem where some UNIX style servers would allow a space in the "group" name, which caused FTP Voyager to ignore the directory listing.
- Corrected a UNIX parsing bug where file names that contained a lot of spaces could confuse the parser thinking the server was using a different UNIX format.
FTP Voyager Version 8 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released September 17, 2001. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where the right mouse click "New Folder" was not working in the site profile manager.
- Corrected a bug where when Quick Connect was used, Edit | Profiles would bring up the Quick Connect dialog, but if cancel was selected and Edit Profiles was selected again, the Site Profile Manager would appear. This has been corrected by bringing up the Quick Connect dialog instead.
- Corrected a bug where the time estimate and transfer rate would be incorrect in the transfer status pane if a file was resumed. This error did not appear in the transfer dialogs, only in the transfer list.
- Corrected a directory listing bug for some servers. In some situations it was possible for FTP Voyager to drop information from a directory listing, and therefore interpret the listing incorrectly. It was found on a "ProFTPD 1.2.0" server. The problem was very dependent on buffer settings of the network and appears to have been a rare problem.
- Added integration for ID Assure authorization usage. Visit http://www.eDocuSign.com/ for more information.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released June 26, 2001. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected a bug where SyncFolders on UNC directory (root) would not work correctly.
- Corrected an icon bug where if the icon definiation in the registry had quotes around it, the "generic" Windows icon would be used.
- Added UNIX style directory changing for newer MVS servers.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released March 7, 2001. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Minor bug fixes.
- When using "OPEN" or "SITE" proxy servers that require a password, FTP Voyager will prompt for the password if one is not already supplied. This feature is useful for challenge response proxy servers.
FTP Voyager 8.0 was released March 1, 2001. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Browser integration with Internet Explorer and Netscape.
- Added ability to "Move" files from the local computer to a remote computer, local to remove, or between two remote servers.
- Added "File | Move Up" and "File | Move Down"
- Added "File | Upload" and "File | Move" support for local and remote tree views.
- Added the ability to "Move Up" and "Move Down" files and folders to the FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Added "Schedule | Move Up and Move Down" options.
- Added "Queue | Move Up and Move Down" options.
- Added the ability to import from other "FTPVoyager.ftp" files. This file can be used to backup your profile or to share it with others.
- Added "firewall/proxy" options "Advanced" settings. Now users have the option to define different proxy configurations for each Site Profile.
- Added the ability to show raw FTP server directory listings in the log pane and to log the information to a log file. This option may be enabled from "View | Options | Log" or by right mouse clicking on the log pane.
- Added the input to directly enter an FTP command (QUOTE) and view the response. This option is available from the Tools menu, keyboard shortcut, or toolbars.
- Added "Smart Reconnect" capabilities when the command socket is lost. FTP Voyager will now attempt to reconnect and resend the failed command. This can be used to virtually assure a permanent connection.
- Added use of NLST command when the data returned from LIST cannot be parsed in FTP Voyager. NLST displays directory contents only but can still be used to perform file transfers.
- Added Date Range to Find Files dialog. When enabled files that fall within the date range are included, all others are ignored.
- Send the QUIT command when disconnecting.
- Added filtering options for each session profile. Filters can be applied to the remote and/or local panes to include/ignore folders and whether to include/ignore letter case for case sensitive servers.
- Added filtering options for uploads, downloads, sync folders, and server to server transfers.
- Added the ability to duplicate FTP Voyager Scheduler Items and Actions. This option is available under the Tools Menu or by right mouse clicking.
- Added the ability to use UNC (network) directory names for the local directory specified in a site profile.
- When restarting FTP Voyager, FTP Voyager will move to network (UNC named) folders if the last folder visited was a network folder.
- When unable to change to a directory due to an error on the server, the server's response is shown in the remote tree. For example, if the error is "Permission Denied", the exact text returned by the server, is shown.
- When selecting folders or drives that are not accessable, FTP Voyager will use Windows to ask for connection information such as password.
- Increased directory listing "speed" where some directories are VERY large.
- Added Look and Feel
settings allowing users the ability to change the
way FTP Voyager looks. Users can now configure:
- "Side by Side" or "Above and Below" remote and local file panes
- Status panes on top or bottom
- Local panes to the left or right of the remote panes
- Local panes above or below the remote panes
- Log Pane above or below transfer pane
- Added Pane Highlight to help identify which pane is highlighted using predefined or custom colors.
- Added remote and local pane toolbars
- Added Transfer Status pane. This pane is used in addition to or instead of the pop up transfer status dialogs.
- Added the ability to turn off transfer status pop up dialogs.
- Improved local folder startup time substantially. In some tests startup time has decreased by more than 20 times.
- Added "Drop Arrows" to "Forward" and "Back" arrow buttons on the toolbar. The "Drop Arrow" brings up a menu of the previously visited remote and local folders.
- Added "Drop Arrow" to "Transfer Mode". The "Drop Arrow" brings up a menu allowing you to choose, "ASCII Mode", "Binary Mode", or "Auto ASCII Mode".
- Added "Drop Arrow" to "Views". The "Drop Arrow" brings up a menu allowing you to choose, "Large Icons", "Small Icons", "List", or "Details" list modes.
- Added ability to customize remote and local toolbars by right mouse clicking or from the "Options" dialog box.
- Added ability to show text on toolbar buttons.
- Added ability to show selective text to the right of buttons on toolbars.
- Added the ability to enable and disable toolbars from the toolbar right mouse click menus.
- Added right mouse click drag and drop support with pop up menus to support "Copy", "Move", and "Cancel".
- Added right mouse click pop-up menu support for "Move Up", "Move Down", "Schedule Move Up", "Schedule Move Down", "Queue Move Up", and "Queue Move Down" in both local and remote panes.
- Added icons to right mouse click context sensitive menus.
- Added new toolbar buttons for "Move Up" and "Move Down".
- Added "Options" tool bar icon and graphic for menus.
- Added "Clear Log" tool bar icon.
- Added "item count" and "selected count" to the status bar. FTP Voyager now shows the name of the remote/local folder and the number of files and folders.
- By default, FTP URL clipboard monitoring is disabled.
- Increase max timeouts from 600 seconds to 6000 seconds
- Corrected Mnemonics in menus to remove duplicates.
- Added warning message when entering potentially invalid FTP site names into the Site Manger.
- Changed local and remote list and tree panes to show the currently selected item(s) at all times.
- Added the ability to show and hide remote and local tool bars.
- Added "View File" tool bar button in main toolbar, remote toolbar, and local toolbar.
- Added Site Profile delete confirmation and added the ability to turn off Site Profile delete confirmation in "View | Options | Confirmation".
- Added toolbar setting dialog for update users. When a user updates FTP Voyager from an older version, FTP Voyager asks the user how the toolbars should be configured.
- Improved "Track Select" option to work with all panes. When moving the mouse and "Track Select" is enabled, the pane gains focus.
- Removed redundant buttons from toolbars where the default buttons appear in drop downs or they appear in either the remote or local toolbars.
- Improved main toolbar flickering on repaints.
- Added "File Size Display List Option" to display file sizes in bytes in addition to the other options.
- Added file x of x status on the upload/download multiple file progress bar window.
- Assigned F4 to "Connect to URL".
- "ftp://" is no longer required in connect to URL dialog.
- Added the server response in the password request dialog.
- When opening a new FTP Voyager Window from within FTP Voyager, the splash screen is no longer displayed.
- When selecting "Properties" on the root remote folder, the "Site Profile Manager" appears. If the "root remote folder" is anything other than "/" the "folders property" dialog appears as it does with all other files and folders.
- FTP Voyager maintains the focus pane between sessions. Previously FTP Voyager would change focus to the remote tree between each connection.
- Added "Multiple Transfer" icons (multiple pieces of paper) for the multiple transfer status box and for the transfer pane (in both FTP Voyager and FTP Voyager Scheduler).
- Added "Overall" status column to transfer status pane in FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Improved the FTP Voyager "Completion" column for multiple file transfers by showing the overall estimated completion time.
- Added "file N of N" to the FTP Voyager transfer status pane for multiple file transfers.
FTP Voyager Version 7 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released November 21, 2000. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Minor bug fixes.
- Purchase warnings appear less often..
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released October 20, 2000. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added filtering support for Synchronize Folders sub directories.
- Added support for invalid characters in a file name would cause a file to not download. (':', "*", "?")
- Added support for UNIX 4.2 server that sends date and time always and appends "/" to the end of directory names.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released August 9, 2000. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Minor bug fixes.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released June 29, 2000. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added support for certain AS400 servers.
- Added the ability to remove files and folders from the synchronize folders remote and local lists. This may be done by pressing "Del" or a "Delete" button from within the dialog.
- Added connection speed selector during installation of FTP Voyager when installed for the first time. Selections include modem, ISDN, and T1/DSL.
- FTP Voyager Setup will select the appropriate transfer buffer size for the selection. In some DSL systems there are bugs in the networking software for smaller packet sizes. Selecting a larger buffer size for faster connections solves this problem with certain systems.
- Made changes for IBM VM Y2K changes
- Added support for Challenge login sequences.
- Added count of the number of files found in the Find Files dialog.
- Added the ability to delete files from the Find Files dialog.
- New German version with complete German install.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released May 1, 2000. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Synchronize Folders dialog is now sizeable, allowing more items to be viewed.
- Find Files dialog is now sizeable, allowing more items to be viewed.
- Use "Editor" settings for local files as well as the remote files.
- Added the ability to run an external program or batch file from within the FTP Voyager Scheduler.
- Added ability to set Send and Receive Buffer size.
- Added proxy server type "UserID proxy_userID@site" for "Check Point FireWall" proxy servers.
- If not using the default Send and Receive buffer size, the buffer size is displayed in the log window when transferring files.
- Now consider files without extensions ASCII files (auto ASCII mode) if "." is entered as an ASCII file.
- Added the ability to ignore UNIX symbolic links when synchronizing folders.
- Display the local path on the status bar when focus is in the local panes.
- Added the ability to display the FTP Site Profile Name on the title bar instead of the FTP IP address or URL.
- Added "Resume All" option in overwrite confirmation dialog so that Resume can be applied to all files when overwriting.
- Change Synchronize Folders' list boxes to list controls to allow easier column viewing.
- Added file images to the Synchronize Folders' list controls.
- Added action images to the Synchronize Folders' list controls to help identify the action that will be performed.
- Added remote and local dates and file sizes for items in the remote and local lists in the Synchronize Folders' dialog box.
- Added the ability to sort by columns
- Change Find Files' list box to list control to allow easier column viewing.
- Added file images to the Find Files' list control.
- Added sorting capability to the Find Files dialog.
- Changed to read the system setting for displaying/hiding system/hidden files. When enabled in Windows, FTP Voyager now displays hidden and system files.
- Added the ability to set file transfer tries (and retries) for each site profile, or use the global setting.
- Added the ability to set the file transfer buffer sizes on a site-by-site basis.
- Added "grab" handle in lower right corner of the Site Profile Manager to indicate the dialog can be sized.
- Added support for Dutch and Danish localized UNIX servers.
- Added support for "FTP Software, Inc." 16 bit servers.
- Increased the speed of the local panes.
- Added registration ID locator for those customers who have lost their registration ID.
- Added more graphics to the help menu.
- By default Synchronize Folders starts in the selected local folder.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released March 14, 2000. These are the major differences.
- Corrected OS2 FTP server problem when returning 100 for the year.
- Added support for Korean UNIX V servers. Korean UNIX V servers return dates and times numerically followed by a Korean language representation of the month and day. FTP Voyager now accuratly supports these localized servers.
- Added support for Gene6 proxy servers where the CWD command is successful even if the directory does not exist. For Gene6 servers, FTP Voyager now forces a PWD command to ensure the directory change actually occured.
- New logo and splash screen. FTP Voyager is once again fully supported by RhinoSoft.com.
FTP Voyager 7.0 was released on December 14, 1999. Here is a complete change list from the previous version.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added the FTP Voyager Scheduler! Schedule files or folders for upload, download, deletion, or synchronization at any time. Scheduled tasks can be repeated.
- Added Queue support! Now add files to the queue to be uploaded and downloaded at a later time.
- Added FTP URL clipboard monitoring. When FTP Voyager recognizes a URL on the Windows clipboard, it attempts to connect to that site and begin downloading the requested file.
- This is especially useful in Web browsers. Simply right mouse click on an FTP URL and select "Copy Shortcut" while FTP Voyager is running.
- Added sizeable "FTP Site Profile Manager" dialog. This allows you to see more information in the "FTP Profile" tree.
- Added "Tools | Go to Remote Directory" allowing you to open any directory on the server by either typing a full path name or relative path name.
- Added "Manual Put" to the Tools menu, toolbar, and right mouse click option in the local window. "Manual Put (Upload)" allows you to upload the selected local file to a remote folder that may not be viewable.
- Added "Transfer Mode" to the tools menu, and added a sub menu for "ASCII", "Binary", and "Auto ASCII" transfer modes.
- Added "Binary" and "Auto ASCII" transfer modes to the toolbar.
- Added Transfer Modes to Site Profiles. This allows you to define different or the same transfer modes (ASCII, Binary, or Automatic) for each site in addition to for all sites.
- Added "File | Connect to URL" option. This option changes the connection to the specified FTP URL (in the form ftp://some.site.com/).
- Added "File | Reconnect" to allow you to reconnect to the currently selected FTP Site Profile.
- Added "View | Go To" menu option. Under Go To "Back" and "Forward" were added. "Back" and "Forward" work like a web browser's "Back" and "Forward" buttons, but moving back and forward between folders, both remote and local.
- Added "Back" and "Forward" buttons to the toolbar.
- Added "View | Go To | Up One Level". Previously "Up One Level" was only available on the toolbar.
- Changed default Synchronize folders options so that "Ignore Older" is TRUE and "Ignore Newer" is FALSE for local synchronization.
- Added an additional "click" option. In addition to "Open", "View", etc. FTP Voyager can now "Transfer" the file on double click. If clicking on a remote file the file will be downloaded into the current local directory. If clicking on a local file, the file will be uploaded.
- Added an additional "click" option. In addition to "Open", "View", etc. FTP Voyager can now "Queue" the file on double click. If clicking on a remote file the file will be queued for downloaded into the current local directory. If clicking on a local file, the file will be queued uploaded.
- Added support for "View" as the default option in the local window.
- Changed "File Exists" warning dialog to provide more information about the source and destination files. It now shows the date, time, and file size of both files. The dialog is patterned after the Windows 2000 over write confirmation dialog.
- Added right mouse click drag and drop capability to the Site Profile Manager.
- Added the ability to copy site profiles and site profile folders in the site profile manager. Following the Windows Explorer standard, right mouse click on a site profile or folder, then drag and drop on the destination file and folder.
- Added right mouse click support in the Site Profile Manager tree to add sites, folders, and delete the selected item.
- Removed old FtpTree "File Information" dialog to use FTP Voyager's folder property page when right mouse clicking and selecting "Properties" in the remote left-hand pane.
- Added the ability to purchase "Update Protection" when FTP Voyager is registered.
- Added an uninstall option to the "Start | Programs" menu option for easier uninstallation.
- Added an uninstall button within FTP Voyager to uninstall FTP Voyager after the trial period is complete.
- Added additional keyboard shortcuts to pop-up menus.
- Added the ability to import CuteFTP 3.0 and 3.5 data files.
- Added support for UserID = user@site proxy server password and user ID.
- Added support for "CheckPoint" proxy server/firewalls.
- Added support for "long file names" on Novell FTP servers
- Improved inclusive and exclusive filter dialogs so that "Add" becomes the default button so Enter can be pressed to add.
- Added path display for selected remote folder on the status bar.
- Changed FtpTree ActiveX control to display "FTP Voyager" instead of "Rhino Software FtpTree ActiveX Control" for error messages.
- Added new and cool splash screen.
- Added the ability to turn the splash screen off.
- Unregistered version no longer requires the user to press "I Agree".
- Added animations for both the single and multiple file transfer status dialogs. The default animations are similar to the ones used in Windows.
- Added the ability to enable or disable file transfer animations.
- Added the ability to customize the file transfer animations by specifying .AVI files in "View | Options | File Transfer".
- Added automatic "letter case insensitive" support. When FTP Voyager recognizes that a server is letter case insensitive file updates and displays are handled correctly so "duplicate files" do not appear.
- Added date and time to each line of the log when saved to a file.
- Retry failed LIST commands where the return value from the server is in the range from 400-499, the intermediate error.
- Added "logfile" command line parameter. Allows you to create multiple log files for different batch operations.
- Added support for "Manual Getting" folder short cuts.
- Added support for dragging and dropping folder shortcuts for download.
- Moved "Disconnect" from the "Tools" menu to the "File" menu.
- Added support for multiple log file settings for multiple running instances of FTP Voyager.
FTP Voyager Version 6 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released August 27, 1999. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Saves window positions based on the screen resolution. This option is designed for notebook computers that switch resolutions often.
- Added support for Hebrew and French UNIX servers.
- Added arrows on column headers to identify which column the list is sorted by and which direction.
- Improved speed by reducing the number of commands. When commands like TYPE are required, the TYPE command is not reissued, unless it is different from the previous TYPE command. Changed also for CWD, PWD.
- Added "Max Number of Threads" to limit the number of transfers that occur during synchronization.
- Added support for Windows Shortcut files and folders in the local windows. Shortcuts now appear with the Windows shortcut "swoosh".
- Use the Windows Shortcut "swoosh" on folder icons in the remote windows to identify UNIX links.
- Increased speed when looking up system icons for files. This decreases the startup time and the directory listing time.
- Better "Cancel" support when reconnecting on failed transfers.
- Speedier connections. This improves general connect time, and connect time on data sockets, which improves the speed when doing LIST commands and file transfers.
- Substantial speed increase for very large remote directory listings. This improvement can range from 2 to 4 times faster for very large directory listings, depending on the connection to the FTP server.
- Improved MVS server support to support MVS UNIX style listings (new to MVS servers).
- Removed unused "FtpVgr Document" registry entries.
- Corrected date problem if local file date was past the year 2037
- Corrected display problem while downloading files after answering "No to all". The statistics were not updated when files were bypassed.
- Corrected splitter bug where the first column would be 0, the log window did not refresh. The first column width is now limited to 1 pixel.
- If the default directory cannot be "changed to", FV no longer displays an error message, it just "wings" the directory listing.
- Removed "NULL" files that appeared with certain UNIX servers.
- Corrected problem where FV was doing a case sensitive compare on system icon names instead of non-case sensitive. Under Windows 2000, .WAV files were unidentified.
- Fixed bug where if prior to starting FV, a desktop item was selected, the default local directory for a new session was not being automatically selected.
- Corrected MVS test to test for "IBM FTP CS" instead of "IBM FTP CS/390".
- Removed ".." in some MVS directory names.
- Corrected some Japanese double byte character problems for remote and local directory interpretation.
- Corrected misspelled "Shorcuts" to "Shortcuts" in IDC_LITERAL_SHORT_CUTS
- Folder browse dialog now goes to last dialog (Windows Shell call).
- File | Get, removed the "complete sound" if "Cancel" is selected.
- Corrected a few duplicate mnemonics in the menus.
- Corrected KERNEL32.DLL crash on Windows 95A virgin machine. Required OLEPRO32.DLL to be installed if it did not exist.
- Corrected "LIST" command errors where FV could miss some files with certain servers under certain rare conditions.
- Corrected problem where if a file was not completely downloaded it did not automatically appear in the local window.
- Corrected problem on GeoCities servers where MKD (create a directory) would fail because FTP Voyager was using the full path to the new directory. If MKD fails now with a 553 error, FV tries to change to the parent directory, then create the new directory without the path name prepended.
- Corrected a bug where "Uploading %s" would not show any file name. "Downloading %s" would show the directory name only. These problems were only initially prior to actually starting the upload or download.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released May 12, 1999. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Changed to always show percentage complete on file transfer dialogs.
- Use the IE5 Explorer icons for "Details, Small Icons, List, etc." views
- Added 256 color icons in FtpTree, mimicing Windows 2000.
- Changed Keep Alive Idle time to use seconds instead of minutes.
- Added ability to use PWD in addition to NOOP for Keep Alive.
- Added ability to queue error messages during synchronize folders.
- Added "Filter" to local window pop up menus.
- Added ability to "Set Default Directory" from within the remote list view
- Added icons in "Synchronize Folders" to make it clearer what "Synchronize" to perform.
- Corrected a few problems that occur under Windows 2000.
- Corrected local display of "My Network Places" under Windows 2000.
- Corrected file size display problem on files larger than 2GB.
- Corrected bug where "Set Local Folder" would not appear unless a file or folder was selected.
- Corrected bug where "Synchronize Folders" did not appear unless a remote folder or file was selected.
- Corrected Synchronize Folders bug where an empty directory on the local side would cause the synchronize to also spawn a transfer thread for the folder on the remote folder, causing overwrite confirmations and probably "file in use" problems.
- Rearranged right mouse pop up menus to be consistent between local and remote.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released March 04, 1999. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added better support for "FTP Software, Inc. Win32 FTP Server".
- Larger field for registration key.
- Corrected Server to Server GPF, where if the source server did not allow a second connection FV would GPF.
- Corrected Sync bug where dirs on the remote server were not being deleted.
- Changed port max from 32000 to 65535, the largest allowed by winsock implementation.
- Corrected "No to all" bug when downloading where it would not work for multiple files.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released February 02, 1999. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added FTP Server to FTP Server direct transfers. Simply drag and drop from one FTP Voyager to another FTP Voyager. The server must allow this functionality.
- FTP Voyager now remembers multiple window sizes, positions, and settings when running multiple FTP Voyager windows.
- Alt+Enter for file properties (Menu and Toolbar too)
- Ctrl+D and Ctrl+U added to toolbar tooltips for download and upload.
- Added "File | New | Window" (Ctrl+N) to launch another copy of FTP Voyager.
- Added toolbar button for new Window.
- Increased the total number of default FTP sites from 260 to about 330!
- made cancel more responsive
- correct bug where canceling an upload, the file date appeared incorrectly
- corrected a bug where sync folders was unable to create deeply nested empty directories.
- corrected Sync Folders bug where local folders were not being deleted.
- corrected duplicate mneumonics in connect and quick connect dialogs.
- perform custom startup commands for all new connections including file transfer connections.
- local list pane was not responding to "single click activate".
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released Novemeber 30, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added events to FtpTree (UploadRequest and DownloadRequest)
- Added support for Bull server
- Added 256 color displays for FTP Voyager icons, and in the About dialog.
- Added support to display the server name first or last on the title bar.
- Added shaded title bar options (Windows 98 style and Office 97 style).
- Added support for Bull mainframe server.
- Added support for IBM VM mainframe server.
- Added update checker.
- Minor bug fixes
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released July 30, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Support for "Extended" directory listings for Serv-U version 2.3c build 12 and greater. The extended directory listing always provides the full file information unlike UNIX which provides the file time on files less than 6 months old. In addition, Serv-U sends the file time in the format HH:MM:SS. Serv-U extends the LIST command with -T.
- Added "-T" extended FreeBSD UNIX listing support. To use, change the Advanced | Connection settings for a FreeBSD site, then enter -T for LIST parameters. FTP Voyager will show the detailed file information including file time in HH:MM:SS format. In addition, FTP Voyager will show file dates on files older than 6 months.
- Added support for SOCKS4A proxy servers. SOCKS4A proxy servers have the ability to do IP address resolution for domain names. SOCKS4 does not. Microsoft uses a SOCKS4A proxy server.
- Added more support for MVS systems that don't return headers as part of the directory listing.
- Added support for another Novell server listing where dates and times are in the format: "Jul 20, 98 10:23 pm" instead of "Jul 20 22:23" or "Jul 20 1996".
- Added the ability to move files AND folders within the remote window by using Drag and Drop. Not all servers support this feature, but most do.
- Added ability to use
through for custom command keyboard acceleration.
- Added the ability to define custom commands on a site by site basis that are run after connecting to the site. This allows for setting special server parameters when needed.
- Added accelerator
to pop up the "Custom Commands" menu in the FTP File List.
- Changed meaning of "maintain upload file date and time" to just mean if Serv-U supports the command (checks Serv-U for version 2.3c build 12 or greater).
- Keeping file upload date and time now adjusts for time zone difference.
- Added ability to enable or disable "seconds" for file times in both the local and remote list panes.
- Changed "Don't Delete" in Synchronize Folders to "True".
- Corrected a bug when uploading files and folders, selecting "Stop when this file completes" did not work on sub folders.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released July 18, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- misc. changes
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released June 19, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Enhanced MVS support.
- Windows 98 startup problem.
- Skip file on multiple download was not working.
- File retries were not working correctly if closing failed file did not work.
- Corrected GPF problem when trying to reconnect.
- Corrected file transfer dialog problem where if the file transfer starts after the main window was minimized, the file transfer dialog could not be moved, or displayed unless maximized.
- Corrected "Resume" test problem, where the test was performed even when not required for transfer logins.
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released June 07, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Corrected string comparison bug where it could cause a GPF.
- Corrected multi-file transfer dialog where the large icon was not selected so it did not appear in
- Corrected FtpTree to use the Icon defined font in Windows.
- Corrected Log View to use Icon defined font in Windows.
- Corrected Log View to change font when Icon font is changed.
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released May 29, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for IBM MVS servers
- Added SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 Proxy server support
- Added new smarter Site List. If a known site name is typed into the site list a connection to that site is made. If the site name is unknown and contains FTP Voyager will attempt an anonymous connection to that site. If the anonymous connection does not work, FTP Voyager will ask for a user name and password. The information is saved as a Quick Connect session and can be saved to the site profile list.
- Added "Dial On Demand (DOD)". When FTP Voyager needs to connect it will make the call for you. This is especially useful with command line options, batched commands, or scheduled transactions.
- Added Network Neighborhood to the local tree view.
- Added ability to navigate up above the default folder. This may be enabled or disabled either globally or on a site by site basis.
- Added the ability to adjust file dates and times forward or backward in time by a number of hours.
- Added "File | Upload" and "File | Download" to quickly upload and download using both the local and remote directories.
- Added "Enable Auto ASCII" global setting.
- Added ability to disable disconnect confirmation.
- Added ability to use the UNIX numeric CHMOD value to set permissions inside the properties dialog in addition to the check marks.
- Use "Apply" button in properties dialogs for changing file permissions instead of the "Set Permissions" button that we had.
- Added ability to change site settings "live". It is no longer required to reconnect to change certain settings such as PASV mode, time offset, etc.
- Added ability to Synchronize folders from the command line for scheduled synchronization.
- Added command line options "profile", "saveprofile", "autoquit", "autosync", "syncoptions", "syncignorestartingwith", and "put".
- Added choice for file size display in Right hand file panes. One can force FTP Voyager to display file sizes in KB (like the Windows Explorer), MB, or automatically choose.
- Added support for inclusive and exclusive filters in Synchronize Folders.
- Added the ability to log status only. This makes the log shorter.
- Added "Rename" to left hand remote pop-up menu.
- Added ability to remove file version numbers on VAX/VMS file names (i.e., show only one version of the file).
- Added "File Not Found." message for unsuccessful file find operations.
- Now remembers if it's been Maximized or normal between sessions.
- Corrected a file test bug where the file did not exist but FTP Voyager thought it did. This occurred on certain Apache servers.
- Corrected a problem where downloading on VMS systems did not recognize ASCII file extensions because of the file version number.
- Corrected the double click problem in trees.
- Fixed bug where after starting with no local windows, then turning local windows on, nothing appears
- Fixed wildcard problem where *.txt was not recognized.
FTP Voyager Version 5 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released March 30, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Advanced settings, "Connection" parameter for LIST command.
- Remove automatic addition of "." on text file name extensions.
- Some small bug fixes for slow servers. It was possible to loose packets only with very slow servers and only on the command port.
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released March 30, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Advanced settings, "Connection" parameter for LIST command.
- Remove automatic addition of "." on text file name extensions.
- Some small bug fixes for slow servers. It was possible to loose packets only with very slow servers and only on the command port.
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released March 17, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Improved the speed of both the local and remote file listing windows. These improvements can improve folder displays by up to 12 times faster than before.
- Improved RAM usage on slower systems when using a fast connection (i.e., a LAN)
- Add the "+" sign in the local tree view only when folders exist inside the folder.
- Added "USER=userid@site:port" and "USER=userid@site port" proxy user options.
- Changed "WinGate" selection at installation to the "USER=userid@site:port" proxy mode.
- Allow RESUME to work when using "File, Get" instead of only for Drag and Drop operations.
- Added ability to set file permissions in the both the single and multiple file Properties dialogs.
- Added the ability to use Connection Saver for all sites.
- Added "gray" check marks for PASV and Connection Saver to make clearer whether it's using the global setting or the site setting.
- Added a "Skip File" button on the multiple file transfer dialog so that a file can be skipped during an upload or download.
- Added ability to set the anonymous password when connecting to sites anonymously.
- Added a check box in the multiple file transfer dialog to allow the user to "Stop after file completes". When the current file is done transferring, the subsequent transactions are canceled. This ensures the complete transfer of the current file.
- Added more status information for file transfers including number of bytes transferred and the transfer rate.
- Corrected bug, when downloading very large files on slower computers, where too many system resources were being used.
- Corrected PASV bug where PASV may not work on slower computers when transferring large files.
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released March 09, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Faster local and remote directory navigation
- Setup program helps with choice of connection
- Change all sales issues to Deerfield (www.ftpvoyager.com)
- Imports CuteFTP site settings (and passwords)
- Imports WS_FTP site settings (no passwords)
- Imports FTP Explorer site settings (and passwords)
- Imports Internet Neighborhood site settings (and passwords)
- Imports Bullet Proof FTP site settings (no passwords)
- Imports Crystal FTP site settings (no passwords)
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released February 19, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- misc. changes
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released February 13, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added support for "NetManager" servers.
- Added support for "VxWorks" servers.
- Corrected incorrect transfer rate in status box when resuming transfers.
- Corrected "slow" download when running on LANs and transferring very very large files.
- Corrected problem where UNIX file sizes can "bleed" into the file "group", thus causing FTP Voyager not to recognize the file.
- Corrected GPF problem when doing a "File, Get" on a directory.
- Corrected "Cancel" problem when doing a "File, Get" on a directory. Even though "Cancel" was selected, it would explore the sub directories.
- Corrected disk activity annoyance while FTP Voyager was idle.
- Corrected problem where "NOOP" could occur while waiting for another command to finsh executing.
- Improved transfer speeds on LANs.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released February 07, 1998. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added "Include Sub Folders" in Synchronize Folders
- Added ability to ignore folders that start with a character in Synchronize Folders
- Added "Ignore Older" in Synchronize Folders
- Added sound support for certain FTP Voyager events
- Flat Toolbar (Office 97 style) available if IE 4, Windows 98, or NT 5 is installed
- Added button (icon) menus (like Office 97)
- Added "Local Directory" for a site
- Added "Set Local Directory" to local pop-up menus
- Fast Startup time
- Added ability to purchase diskettes in the Purchase Dialog
- Threaded local folder selection for smoother use
- Added tool bar buttons for Download Butler, Help Contents, Help Overview, and Purchase.
- Added Download Butler support. If installed (www.lincolnbeach.com) FTP Voyager can open downloaded files using Download Butler to help manage downloaded files.
- Added Download Butler Directory for a site.
- Added "Account" to Advanced, Connection
- Added ability for FTP Voyager to ask for an account before connecting.
- If not using Anonymous connection and either the User ID and/or Password fields are blank, FTP Voyager now prompts for the User ID and/or Password.
- Added ability to specify Folder Short Cuts literally, so they're not interpreted.
- Added ability to tell FTP Voyager not to ask for password and user ID if empty.
- Added "USER after logon" proxy mode. This proxy mode uses the "USER" and "PASS" commands to logon to the Proxy Server, then "USER=userid@site" and "PASS" to logon to the server.
- Added support for BayNetworks routers. This router uses FTP and flash cards for configuration.
- Added support for more Macintosh servers.
- Added support for PStratus and NetPresenz servers.
- Added ability to disable the initial check for RESUME while connecting.
- Added ability to cancel an upload or download and resume later.
- Corrected a Delete bug when using the "Del" key in the Remote tree
- Corrected problem where "Available on Toolbar" was not working
- Corrected "Maximized Window" drag and drop problem
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released December 13, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- misc. changes
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released December 08, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- misc. changes
FTP Voyager 220.127.116.11 was released December 04, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- misc. changes
FTP Voyager 18.104.22.168 was released December 03, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added Resume capability
- Added Local Tree and List View (like Explorer)
- Added Log Pane
- Added Drag and Drop between Local and Remote Panes.
- Added VMS support
- Replaced the Microsoft WININET.DLL with our own sockets code for Faster FTP operations
- Added Asynchronous Stop command and button
- Added ability to define "Custom Commands" for FTP commands
- Added "User", "Group", "Permissions", and "Link To" columns in the remote list pane (top right-hand pane).
- Added ability to enable and disable "User", "Group", "Permissions" and "Link To" columns.
- Added ability to change file permissions through Custom Commands
- Added default Custom Commands: Help, Stat, File Permissions, and ability to change password using Serv-U FTP Server.
- Added the "delayed keyboard select" feature. So keyboard navigation is possible. FTP Voyager will only explore a folder after a 1/2 second pause in keyboard activity. This is consistent with the Windows Explorer.
- Added some VMS sites to the default list of sites (fresh install only)
- Added keyboard commands to the log pane
- Added pop-up menu support (right mouse click) to log pane
- Added pop-up menu support (right mouse click) to both local panes
- Added "smart review" to the log pane. If scrolled to the end, new items are updated. If not, the window content does not scroll.
- Added "auto scrolling" to all views for drag and drop (scrolls when dragging and dropping so you can access all folders).
- Richer multi-tasking capability while FTP Operations are being performed
- Added NetWare support
- Added "Most Recent Site" support to the File Menu.
- Added the ability to set the number of "Most Recent Sites".
- Added ability for FTP Voyager to automatically "clean-up" (delete) temporary files.
- Added OPEN and SITE proxy support
- Added the ability to specify a proxy user ID for OPEN and SITE proxy types
- Added the ability to automatically show the server's welcome message
- Added the ability to see the server's welcome message at any time
- Added the ability to re-enable the "Default FTP Client" question when FTP Voyager starts
- Added log options: Clear Log Between Sessions, Colors, Log Window Cache Size, Log File Name, Enable/Disable logging to a file, ability to append to the log file between sessions.
- Added special purchase price for Serv-U FTP server ($15).
- Much smaller download foot print. Current size is about 1,700KB. It was 2,600 KB
- Displays the FTP site name before the product name when connected to an FTP site.
- Instant stop available for both "Upload" and "Download"
- Instant stop in "Find Files" dialog
- Improved remote list view initialization speed.
- Ability to maintain file dates and time on uploads. This is not supported by most servers. Serv-U from Cat Soft supports it. If enabled in the "Advanced" settings for the site, FTP Voyager maintains the file date and time when uploading. Serv-U can be found at: http://www.cat-soft.com
- Added many more public FTP sites. The default number of sites now totals over 270 sites. (Installed on new installations only. To have it installed, remove FtpVoyager.ftp from your install directory.)
- Added support for German, French, Italian, and Swedish versions of UNIX FTP Servers. FTP Voyager can now recognize these server's months.
FTP Voyager Version 4 Release Notes
FTP Voyager 22.214.171.124 was released October 12, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Added "on-line" editing. If a file is double clicked, "Opened" (right mouse click) or "Opened" with File, Open, or "Viewed", the file can be automatically uploaded again. This can be done with a confirmation or automatically (Advanced settings for the site). This option can also be disabled.
- Added Synchronize Folders. This option allows you to synchronize or mirror a local and remote folder. This option is great for Web Site maintenance. With the click of one button, your web site is updated and maintained. Unused files are deleted and new files are uploaded or downloaded.
- Added confirmation options:
- Confirm Upload Overwrite
- Confirm Download Overwrite
- Confirm Auto Upload Overwrite (on-line editing)
- Confirm File Delete
- Confirm Folder Delete
- Confirm Folder Short Cut Delete
- Upload Newer Files Only
- Download Newer Files Only
- Added editor options so editors for different file types can be specified. This is done because in many cases the system application for a file type (such as .html) is a browser, not an editor. This option tells FTP Voyager to use a different program to open a file type.
- Added Auto Rename for both upload and download. This option tells FTP Voyager to change the file extension of a file for both uploads and downloads. FTP Voyager allows you to specify different rename schemes for both upload and download.
- Added "Upload Newer Files Only" capability, targeting quick uploading of Web sites. This is used to upload only files that have changed.
- Added the ability to get a file from the command line.
- Added the ability to read an FTP URL from the command line. (i.e., ftp://www.rhinosoft.com/pub/rhinosoft/FtpVoyager/FtpVoyager.exe)
- Added ability to make FTP Voyager the Default (system) FTP Client. It allows other applications such as mail clients to start FTP Voyager through a system command.
- Use the "program" or "application" icon for "EXE" files.
- Backspace key now does the "Up One Level" command like the Windows Explorer.
- Shade "Filters" and "ShortCuts" buttons in the site manager when a folder is selected.
- Corrected "font change" problem in the toolbar drop down list. It occurred when changing the appearance of the desktop.
- Corrected a file update problem where, when a file is updated on the server, the date and time did not change in the right hand pane of FTP Voyager.
- Corrected a "CreateDirWithName()" bug in FtpTree ActiveX control.
- Corrected a Refresh bug where shortcuts would disappear.
- Corrected a bug with index (description) files where if the file ended with a description not terminated with a carriage return, the last description was lost.
FTP Voyager 126.96.36.199 was released September 10, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- misc. changes
FTP Voyager 188.8.131.52 was released August 31, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- misc. changes
FTP Voyager 184.108.40.206 was released July 17, 1997. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
- Quick Connect
- Folder Short Cuts (ability to create a folder in your default folder which can be anywhere on the site)
- Site Inclusive and Exclusive Filters
- Automatic loading of description files (index files) and display of the description for each file and folder.
- Added Find Files which allows you to search a site for a file or files. Can execute many searches at a time. Executes in the background (a separate thread).
- Added Quick Find to find a file or description in the current folder.
- Configurable Toolbar Option Dialog
- Manual Get; used to get hidden files
- Quick Connect Save
- Ability to save Quick Connect sessions between FTP Voyager Sessions
- Added "Filters" button to the Site Manager
- List Configuration Options
- Icon Configuration Options
- Configurable Toolbar pop-up Menu (right mouse click on the toolbar)
- Option to turn on and off the toolbar site list
- Option to start with Quick Connect instead of the Site Manager
- Refresh Current Folder, does not take you back to the root
- Added FAQ section to help
- Save whether or not Toolbar and/or Status bar are visible between FTP Voyager sessions
- Saved passwords are encrypted
- Show icons on dialog title bars
- New toolbar icons for: Refresh, Quick Connect Filters, Manual Get, Quick Find, Folder Short Cuts
- Launches the Windows Explorer with the F8 key
- Context sensitive help for each new dialog; Quick Connect, Quick Connect Save, Manual Get, Folder Short Cuts, Description Files Options, etc.
- Added Tools menu and moved many "tool-like" options to the Tools menu
- Added "Rename" to right mouse click pop-up menus
- Added "Quick Connect" to right hand pane's pop-up menu
- Changed numeric displays to use commas for separators. This feature uses the localization features of Windows.
- When transfers dialogs are minimized, now shows percentage completion
- Added another file name conversion to convert files that are all in upper case to lower case
- Additional proxy support, added password capability for "UserID = user@site" (SOCKS) proxy mode
- Added ability to access an FTP site by launching from a command line (important for other programs starting FTP Voyager)
- Added BIN/ASCII/AUTO status bar item.
- Added more status bar displays.
- Ability to size and move the Window while FTP Voyager is trying to connect or find files.
- Added ability to send e-mail or visit www.rhinosoft.com from the About and Splash dialogs.
- When uploading a folder, that is created new on the server, the folder did not appear in the right hand pane.
- When selecting "Put" FTP Voyager limited the file name size to 256 bytes which caused a limited number of files to be Uploaded. Changed this limit to 4KB.
- When entering "C:\" or "D:\" for the default directory on NT Servers, FTP Voyager did not operate correctly.