Command Line Options with FTP Voyager - KB Article #1140Related Articles --
FTP Voyager can be started and controlled via commands in the Windows Command Prompt, opened by clicking Start | Run | cmd.exe. A typical transfer will follow the basic formats listed below:
- Transferring A File To A Server: "C:\Program Files\RhinoSoft\FTP Voyager\FTPVoyager.exe" profile="Personal Site.My Site" put=C:\file.txt
- Downloading A File From A Server: "C:\Program Files\RhinoSoft\FTP Voyager\FTPVoyager.exe" profile="My Site" get=file.txt local=C:
- Synchronize a remote directory to a local directory: "C:\Program Files\RhinoSoft\FTP Voyager\FTPVoyager.exe" profile=YourProfileName autosync=1 syncoptions=1 local=C:\dat\ remote=/dat/ autoquit=1
- Synchronize a local directory to a remote directory: "C:\Program Files\RhinoSoft\FTP Voyager\FTPVoyager.exe" profile=YourProfileName autosync=1 syncoptions=0 local=C:\dat\ remote=/dat/ autoquit=1
Breaking Down The Commands
- profile: This command specifies what predefined site profile will be used for the connection. The syntax for this command is profile=MySiteProfile (or profile="My Site Profile" if there are spaces in the name). For simpler configuration, it is recommended that you configure Site Profiles prior to executing transfers by command prompt, and place them in the root, or highest level, of your Site Profile hierarchy.
- put: The put command uploads to the file server. The syntax is put=file.txt (or put="file name.txt" if the file name includes spaces). This command requires a specific filename be used - wildcards are not permitted.
- get: The get command retrieves files from the file server. The syntax is get=file.txt (or get="file name.txt" if the file name includes spaces). This command requires a specific filename be used - wildcards are not permitted.
- autosync: The autosync option enables synchronizations
- syncoptions: The syncoptions flag specifies how a Synchronization will take place. To determine what value should be used, refer to the list at the bottom of this page. The value here must be a decimal representation of the sum of all applicable hex values. If no other options are specified, the synchronization process will upload or download missing files from the master, and delete files from the target that are missing from the master. The simplest syncoptions are the following:
- syncoptions=0 - synchronize a remote folder to a local folder. The master is the local folder, and the remote folder is getting synchronized to match it.
- syncoptions=1 - synchronize a local folder to a remote folder. The master is the remote folder, and the local folder is getting synchronized to match it.
- remote: The remote option specifies the remote directory, and must be used during Synchronizations. Syntax is remote=/dir/path/
- local: The local option specifies the local directory, and must be used during Synchronizations. Syntax is local=C:\dir\path\
- autoquit: The autoquit command causes FTP Voyager to automatically exit after completing scheduled transfers. The syntax to enable this option is autoquit=1.
When A Site Profile Does Not Exist
When a site profile does not exist in FTP Voyager, the relevant parameters can be specified through the command line as well. They should be listed before all other parameters but after the FTPVoyager.exe file is called. The required values are:
- host: The host value specifies the host address being connected to, which can be either a Fully Qualified Domain Name or an IP address. Syntax is either host=ftp.hostname.com or host=2184.108.40.206.
- user: The user value specifies the username for the connection. Syntax is user=username or user="user name".
- pass: The pass value specifies the password for the connection. Synatx is pass=password or pass="pass word".
- port: The port value specifies which port to connect to. Syntax is port=21, or whatever port number is to be used.
These options should be added at the end of all other options when necessary.
- saveprofile: Setting this option to non zero saves any changes, specified on the command line, for the profile specified on the command line. For example, if the command line changes the remote directory, use this option to save the changes to disk for that profile. Syntax is saveprofile=(boolean value)
- logfile: Set this value to use a different log file name than the one assigned within FTP Voyager. Syntax is logfile=(logfilename.log).
- maxthreads The maxthreads parameter specifies the maximum number of threads to use when performing Synchronize Folders. If not specified, the default value of 3 is used. The number of threads you specify here is important in determining how much bandwidth FTP Voyager uses, and how many system resources via threads FTP Voyager uses. Syntax is maxthreads=(int value)
- syncignorestartingwith: This string tells FTP Voyager to ignore folders that start with any of the characters in the string. For example, some web creation tools create temporary directories that start with "_". You may want to ignore all folders starting with "_". Syntax is syncignorestartingwith=(string)
- FTP Voyager also supports a standard URL format for FTP. The following is the format: ftp://[user ID:password@]
[:port]/[path name/][get file name]If you need to specify a space in the FTP URL format, use "%20", which is the hexadecimal representation for a space. (i.e., ftp://myuserid:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- -nostartupwizard - disables the initial Startup Wizard
- -nosplash - disables the splash screen at startup
- -noduration - prevents the connect duration of site profiles from being written to disk
- autoquit=1 - Automatically quits FTP Voyager
- SyncRemote = 0x0000
- SyncLocal = 0x0001
- IgnoreCase = 0x0002
- CompareSize = 0x0004
- CompareTime = 0x0008
- IncludeDirs = 0x0010
- DontDelete = 0x0020
- OverwriteConfirmations = 0x0040
- DeleteConfirmations = 0x0080
- RemoteIgnoreNewer = 0x0100
- RemoteIgnoreOlder = 0x0200
- LocalIgnoreNewer = 0x0400
- LocalIgnoreOlder = 0x0800
- MinimizeStatusDialogs = 0x1000
- QueueErrorMessages = 0x2000
- IgnoreSymbolicLinks = 0x4000