Setting up Remote Configuration - KB Article #1227Related Articles --
To allow AllegroSurf to be configured remotely (i.e., not on the computer where AllegroSurf is installed), do the following:
- Start AllegroSurf Voyager on the server.
- Select "Administration".
- Place a check mark in "Allow Remote Configuration".
- Leave "Accept Connections on this IP Address" blank.
- Select "IP Ranges".
- Ensure the IP address you're trying to connect from is in the list. Any computer trying to connect to the server whose IP doesn't appear in the list will not be able to connect.
- If connecting from outside your LAN, ensure port 913 is "open" on your firewall and router.
After setting up the above, try connecting from a remote computer. Enter the IP address of the server, and the other login information. You will be able to connect.