Configuring KFWebServer with DNS4Me - KB Article #1253Related Articles --
KFWebServer is a free HTTP server that supports unlimited domains and lots of advanced features. This article shows you how to configure the KFWebServer to work with DNS4Me.
- Download and install the DNS4Me client. Sign-up for DNS4Me service.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet (the DNS4Me client can detect this). Ensure that your DNS4Me domain is online. The DNS4Me client looks like this when your domains are online:
- Download and install the latest version of KFWebServer from here.
- Open the Administration page for the web server by right-clicking on the system tray icon and selecting "Administration".
- Click on "Web Sites" to have it list the sites currently configured on the server. Next to your "Home" web site, click on the "Edit Options" button that looks like this:
- Click on the "Advanced" submenu.
- In the box labeled "Server Name", enter your chosen DNS4Me domain name such as "MyWebServer.DNS4Me.com". Make sure the box labeled "Bind Address" is blank to ensure that the Web server stays up to date with your dynamic IP address.
- Click the "OK" button followed by the "Save and Restart" button to apply these changes.
Enter your domain name in to a Web browser and you should receive the KFWebServer welcome page!