Accessing a Different Drive or Disk on VAX VMS Systems - KB Article #1280Related Articles --
The easiest way to gain access to another disk drive on a VAX/VMS server is to create a Folder Short Cut to the drive and folder. Follow these steps to create a Folder Short Cut:
- Create an FTP Site Profile for your server.
- Leave the "Default Directory" empty, or specify a known directory using the UNIX format where '/' is used to identify subdirectories.
- Select the "Advanced" button in the Site Profile Manager.
- Select the "General" tab.
- Place a check mark on "Use folder short cuts literally, don't interpret as relative"
- Close the Advanced dialog.
- Select "Short Cuts" in the Site Profile Manager.
- Create a Folder Short Cut directly to the drive and folder you want to access, for example DISK$VAXDISK1:[XYZ.ABC.SOFTWARE].
Some servers allow you to immediately execute a CWD command to change to a different drive. FTP Voyager versions 10.0.0.5 and greater allow you to create a Custom Command that is executed immediately after login. Please see the FTP Voyager help file for more information.