Configuring AOL Instant Messenger to work with AllegroSurf. - KB Article #1303Related Articles --
he following steps tell you how to configure AOL Instand Messenger to use a proxy connection.
- Start AOL Instant Messenger.
- From the Sign-On screen, click on the bottom left button labeled Setup.
- A new settings window will appear. Click on the tab labeled Connection.
- Check the box labeled "Connect using proxy."
- Fill in your server's IP Address and Port number in the boxes labeled Host: and Port:. The default Port number for the SOCKS server installed on AllegroSurf is 1080.
- Select a Socks 5 protocol from the list in the Protocol box.
- Click on OK to accept these changes.
Your connection to AIM has been configured to use AllegroSurf.