Configuring Microsoft Outlook Express to Use Zaep - KB Article #1306Related Articles --
After installing and configuring Zaep, your email client must also be configured to use Zaep. To learn more about account configuration in Zaep, please click here (article 1307).
To configure Outlook Express (OE) to use Zaep, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook Express (OE).
- Select "Tools | Accounts".
- Click on the "Mail" tab.
- Double-click on the mail account you want to configure, or select the account, then click the "Properties" button.
- Select the "Servers" tab.
- Enter the IP address or domain name of your Zaep server for both the incoming (POP3) and outgoing server (SMTP). If Zaep is installed on the same machine as Outlook Express, you can use 127.0.0.1 (or localhost).
- Change your "Account Name" to your actual email address (for example firstname.lastname@example.org). NOTE: This MUST be the same as the Zaep account name you intend to use.
- Select the "Advanced" tab.
- Enter the Zaep SMTP server port number into the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field. The default port number used by Zaep is 2500. Use the value you entered during setup, or whatever value you entered for the SMTP Proxy Port.
- Enter the Zaep POP3 server port number into the Incoming mail (POP3) field. The default port number used by Zaep is 1100. Use the value you entered during setup, or whatever value you entered for the POP3 Proxy Port.
- Select the "OK" button when finished.
- Repeat the above steps for each account you want to configure.
NOTE: Zaep must be configured with a matching account (matching email address). Click here for article 1307 to learn more about configuring a Zaep account.