Creating a New Account in Zaep - KB Article #1307Related Articles --
In order for Zaep to allow email activity, a Zaep email account must be setup. To setup a Zaep account, follow these steps:
- Start Zaep if it's not already running.
- Double-click on the Zaep icon in the system tray next to your clock.
- After double clicking, your web browser will open to the Zaep Configuration page.
- Select the "Accounts" option in the menu on the left side.
- Enter the email address of the new account (e.g., email@example.com).
- Enter an account name next to the email address you entered above (e.g., John Doe)
- Select the "Add" option to add the account.
- Once the account is added, the "Account Configuration" page appears allowing you to make modifications.
- Select the "POP3 Server" option and enter the POP3 username or login information under "POP3 User". Many servers will expect just the username; some servers expect the full email address.
- Enter the "POP3 Server Name/IP" in the provided box. This value is the same value you enter into your email client for the Incoming mail server (POP3).
- Select "Save Changes".
- The account should now be configured. Select the "Done" option in the menu to return to the Zaep Configuration pages.
NOTE: You can skip setting the "POP3 Server Name/IP" if you have specified one in the overall Zaep configuration pages under POP3 Server and this account uses the same server.