Configuring The Bat! to use Zaep - KB Article #1309Related Articles --
After installing and configuring Zaep, your email client must also be configured to use Zaep. To learn more about account configuration in Zaep, please click here (article 1307).
To configure The Bat! to use Zaep, follow these steps:
- Start The Bat!.
- Select "Account | Properties".
- Select the "Transport" category.
- Enter the IP address or domain name of your Zaep server for both the "SMTP Server" and "Mail Server" (incoming (POP3)). If Zaep is installed on the same machine as The Bat!, you can use 127.0.0.1 (or localhost).
- Enter the SMTP port number into the SMTP Port field. The default port number used by Zaep is 2500. Use the value you entered during setup, or whatever value you entered for the SMTP Proxy Port.
- Enter the POP3 port number into the Receive mail (POP3) port field. The default port number used by Zaep is 1100. Use the value you entered during setup, or whatever value you entered for the POP3 Proxy Port.
- Change your "User" to your actual email address (for example email@example.com). NOTE: This MUST be the same as the Zaep account name you intend to use.
- Select the "OK" button when finished.
- Repeat the above steps for each account you want to configure for use with Zaep.
NOTE: Zaep must be configured with a matching account (matching email address). Click here for article 1307 to learn more about configuring a Zaep account.