Challenge Messages Are Blocked by ISP - KB Article #1317Related Articles --
Some ISPs prevent your computer from sending any data on port 25 (the SMTP or outgoing mail port) to servers other than their SMTP servers. They do this to prevent the spread of worms or email viruses. They also do this to prevent you from running your own SMTP server. Zaep can get around this limitation, by relaying challenge messages to your ISP's SMTP server. To enable this feature follow these instructions:
- Double click on the Zaep icon in your system tray next to your clock.
- Select "SMTP" under servers.
- Enter your ISP's SMTP server name into "SMTP Server Name/IP". This is normally of the form mail.yourisp.com or smtp.yourisp.com.
- Enter the port number your ISP has instructed you to use under "SMTP Server Port". Port 25 is the default SMTP Port.
- Select the "Preferences" option.
- Enable "Relay challenges to SMTP server defined under SMTP Server".