Hiding Your Email Address from Spammers - KB Article #1354Related Articles --
One common criticism of challenge response (CR) systems is that they prove to spammers that you have a real email address, confirming your existence, making your email address more valuable. Because most CR systems use your email address as the return address of a challenge message, your email address may be "approved" in certain mailing lists.
One good way to get around this problem is to use a no-reply email address. Basically, setup an email address like we have here, email@example.com. Setup your mail server so that you can send from that account, but the account receives no email messages at all.
Configure Zaep to use this "no-reply" email address for challenge messages:
- Double click on the Zaep icon next to your system clock.
- Select Accounts in the Zaep configuration page.
- Double click on the account you want to configure.
- Select preferences for the desired account.
- Under Email address to use for challenge messages enter YOUR "no-reply" email address.
- Select "Save Changes".