Enabling QuickTime Movies in Web Browser - KB Article #1414Related Articles --
In order for your web browser to allow QuickTime movies to be played, you must enter a SOCKS proxy server in your web browser's proxy settings. Follow these steps for your browser.
Follow these steps to configure Internet Explorer to use a SOCKS proxy:
- Start Internet Explorer
- Select "Tools | Internet Options | Connection"
- Select "LAN Settings..."
- Select "Advanced...". If unavailable remove the check mark for using the same server for all protocols.
- In the advanced dialog enter your AllegroSurf server IP address and WWW Proxy port in all protocols except SOCKS.
- Enter your AllegroSurf SOCKS server's IP address and port number into the SOCKS field. The normal SOCKS port is 1080.
Follow these steps to configure Mozilla Firefox to use a SOCKS proxy:
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Select "Tools | Options | General | Connection Settings".
- Select "Manual Proxy Configuration".
- Enter the IP address and port (normally port 80) of your WWW proxy server into each protocol except SOCKS.
- Enter the IP address and port (normally port 1080) of your SOCKS server into the SOCKS protocol field.