Errors Installing or Upgrading to the Latest Versions of Serv-U - KB Article #1678Related Articles --
If errors are encountered while attempting to upgrade to a newer version of Serv-U, we suggest following this procedure before contacting the RhinoSoft support team.:
- Back up your Serv-U settings as described at Knowledge Base Article #1047
- Shutdown the Serv-U server by closing the Serv-U Management Console, then right clicking on the Serv-U Tray Icon and selecting "Stop Serv-U".
- Shut down the Tray Icon by right clicking it and selecting "Exit Tray"
- Open Microsoft Windows Task Manager by right mouse clicking the task bar and selecting Task Manager
- Open the "Processes" tab, and "Right Click | End Process" any processes named Serv-U.exe or Serv-U-Tray.exe
- Uninstall Serv-U using the Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
- Reboot the machine
- Install the latest Version of Serv-U
- Restore your Serv-U settings using the directions at Knowledge Base Article #1047
NOTE 1: Some antivirus vendors will block Serv-U installations or upgrades if they are falsely detecting Serv-U as a virus. To mitigate this, temporarily disable the antivirus scanner for the install/upgrade, then turn it back on and add Serv-U as an exception.