Clearing Browser Cache (Erratic FTP Voyager JV Behavior) - KB Article #1760Related Articles --
The FTP Voyager JV add-on for Serv-U is highly reliant on browser settings for proper loading and client-side installation. In some situations, old cache entries in browsers and in Java can cause FTP Voyager JV to be unable to load or operate properly. To get around this, first clear your browser cache and then clear your Java cache (follow link for directions). Directions for the various browsers follow:
Firefox 2.x, 3.x
- Open Firefox 3
- Click on the "Tools" menu, then click on "Clear Private Data"
- Checkbox "Cache", "Cookies", "Offline Website Data", and "Authenticated Sessoins, then click on "Clear Private Data Now"
Internet Explorer 7
- Open Internet Explorer 7
- Click on the "Tools" menu, then click on "Delete Browsing History"
- Click on "Delete Files", next to "Temporary Internet Files"
Internet Explorer 6
- Open Internet Explorer 6
- Click on the "Tools" menu, then click on "Internet Options"
- Click on "Delete Files" under "Temporary Internet Files"
- Open Safari
- Click on "Edit", then click "Empty Cache"