FTP Voyager JV Fails to Launch after installing Java update on Linux Using FireFox - KB Article #1885Related Articles --
In some cases, updating the Java Runtime Environment can cause the .jnlp.part files used to launch FTP Voyager JV to become incorrectly associated in Linux when using Firefox. To correct this, follow the steps below.
To correct the Java Web Start file associations in Linux using FireFox:
- Select the "Download" window in Firefox after downloading the JNLP.PART file and R-click on the file, and select "Open".
- The "Launch Application" window will appear and you will need to click the "Choose..." button.
- After selecting the "Choose..." button a new window will appear called "Another Application...". You will need to locate the javaws file located at /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-22.214.171.124/jre/javaws/javaws and select "Open".
- You will be prompted again with the "Launch Application" window and you will need to select "Ok".
- The last step is to relaunch FTP Voyager JV.