Creating the Home Directory on User Creation - KB Article #2004Related Articles --
By default, Serv-U automatically creates each user's Home Directory when the user logs in for the first time. However, in some cases it may be necessary to create the Home Directory immediately so that files can be placed in the directory for the user before their first login. Serv-U MFT Server can be configured to automate this task, removing the need to manually create the path and directory. To do this:
- Open the "Domain Details | Events" menu
- Click "Add" to add a new Event
- Name the event (such as "Automatic Home Directory Creation")
- Set the "Action" to "Execute Command"
- Set the "Executable Path" to "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe"
- Set the "Command Line Parameters" to "/C mkdir $LocalHomeDirectory"
- Click "Save"
Now each user who is created will also trigger the Event, which will automatically create their Home Directory.