Scripting Errors in Management Console - KB Article #2060Related Articles --
If you are still unable to load the Serv-U Management Console or a page within it using Internet Explorer after clearing the cache, the problem may be caused by active content that the Management Console contains.
While most active content contained in Web pages is safe, some Web pages contain active content that can potentially cause security problems on your computer. For example, an ActiveX control that runs automatically when you load a particular Web page might damage your data or cause your computer to become infected with a virus. Internet Explorer uses safety levels for active content to help prevent this situation from occurring.
For Internet Explorer, this can be managed from the Internet Options menu.
- Tools > Internet Options > Security tab
- From the Internet zone, click on Custom Level
- Scroll down to the Scripting section and enable Active Scripting
- Open up the "Active Directory Users and Computers" console. Right-click the top of the Active Directory and click "Properties"
- Select the "Group Policy" tab, highlight "Default Domain Policy", and then click "Edit".
- Select the "User Configuration" > "Windows Settings" > "Internet Explorer Maintenance" > "Security". Then double-click on "Security Zone and Content Ratings".
- Choose "Import the current security zones and privacy settings". Then click on "Modify Settings"
- Modify the policy using the same method described in the Internet Explorer section above