Serv-U Management Console on the iPad - KB Article #2083Related Articles --
You may run the Serv-U Management Console on any iPad with iOS v5 or greater.
Almost all the usual Management Console functions are available on the iPad, including:
- Resetting passwords and unlocking users.
- Monitoring current activity via statistics and logs.
- Viewing user activity and clearing sessions.
- Granting additional access to users, groups or entire domains.
- Configuring user, group, folder, protocol and server settings.
The only Management Console functions not available on the iPad are those that require specific files to be uploaded. These functions include:
- Importing public SSH keys for SFTP authentication. (Creating or selecting existing SSH keys is supported on the iPad.)
- Uploading logos for web client branding.
How to Connect to Serv-U with an iPad
- Make sure your iPad is running iOS v5 or greater. (how to check)
- Make sure you are running Serv-U MFT Server - our Serv-U FTP Server package does not support remote administration. (how to check)
- Connect to any HTTP or HTTPS Listener on Serv-U with the Safari web browser on your iPad. (By default, these listeners are bound to all of Serv-U IP addresses on TCP ports 80 and 443 respectively.)
- Sign on as an administrator to see the main screen of the Serv-U Management Console.