Configuring Serv-U and Serv-U Gateway - KB Article #2162Related Articles -- 2131
Serv-U Server cannot access Serv-U Gateway.
Make sure that you meet the following requirements so that Serv-U Server can communicate with Serv-U Gateway:
- Port 1180 must be open on Serv-U Gateway so that Serv-U can access the Gateway.
- If Serv-U Gateway only has a public IP address, add the IP address of Serv-U to the CIDR text file of the Gateway, so that the Gateway can accept connections from Serv-U.
- Verify that Serv-U and Serv-U Gateway have IP addresses which can communicate with each other.
The following setups are supported:
- Serv-U with Public IP --> Gateway with Public IP with CIDR
- Serv-U with Private IP --> Gateway with Public IP with CIDR
- Serv-U with Private IP --> Gateway with Private IP
The following setup is not supported:
- Serv-U with Public IP --> Gateway with Private IP
The following image shows an example configuration if you use one Gateway for two Serv-U servers:
- Serv-U listeners: DMZ IP D:80
- Serv-U listeners: DMZ IP D:81
- Port forwarding from Public IP F:80 to DMZ IP D:80
- Port forwarding from Public IP F:81 to DMZ IP D:81
According to the IANA definition, the following ranges are private IP addresses:
- 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (10/8 prefix)
- 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (172.16/12 prefix)
- 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)