Serv-U FTP Server Release Notes
Serv-U Version 184.108.40.206
Serv-U 220.127.116.11 was released February 19, 2014. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:Features:
- Added a dialog that informs Web Client Pro users about the options they have if they use JVMs older than version 7u51.
- Improved support for Internet Explorer.
- Corrected a bug when wildcards were not working correctly on Linux while doing a directory listing in FTP.
- Corrected a bug where SDK did not integrate calls from other threads into the application.
- Corrected a bug where file sharing did not work correctly on 32-bit Linux systems.
- Corrected a bug where the HTTP limits were not displayed while configuring limits at the group and user levels.
- Corrected a bug where SFTP key renegotiation failed when zlib compression was used.
- Corrected a bug where the setting that allows users to change their password did not work correctly.
- Corrected a bug where the auto-disabling database users were continuously expired during displaying ODBC users in Management console.
- Corrected a security issue that allowed for a Denial of Service attack, which could make Serv-U unresponsive.
- Corrected a Web Client Pro and FTP voyager JV issue where these Java applications would fail to launch correctly when the Oracle Java Runtime was updated to Java 7 Update 51.
- Corrected an issue where HTTPS connections may fail to close after all data has been transferred. Affected installs of Serv-U would demonstrate degraded Management Console performance or errors. This most commonly occurred on Linux deployments with a single core processor.
- Corrected an SFTP (via SSH2) bug, introduced in Serv-U 10.2.0.0, where each connected session caused Serv-U to consume an excessive amount of memory until the session was disconnected.
- Corrected a Web Client bug where users configured with FTP Voyager JV as their default web client did not see the FTP Voyager JV landing page when accessing Serv-U from a new browser window when the browser still had an active session cached.
Serv-U Version 18.104.22.168
Serv-U 22.214.171.124 was released August 20, 2013. A complete list of changes and upgrades follows:
Note: File Sharing is not supported within high availability environments.Features:
- Improved File Sharing feature that utilizes email initiated transfer of files.
- Improved Web Client user interface.
- Rebranded the company information from RhinoSoft to SolarWinds for Serv-U, Serv-U Gateway, FTP Voyager JV, and Web Client Pro.
- Changed licensing information from RhinoSoft editions (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum editions) to SolarWinds editions (FTP server and MFT server editions).
- Updated the FTP Voyager JV JIDE user interface library to version 3.5.5.
- The full version number is now displayed in the version column of the "Programs and Features" / "Add/Remove Programs"screen on Windows.
- Updated version number displayed during install to include more of the minor version.
- Corrected a security issue that allowed for possible SSL denial of service attacks.
- Corrected a security issue when using "Require Fully Qualified Membership" LDAP login settings.
- Corrected an issue with scrollbars missing in Mozilla Firefox browsers in the Management Console.
- Corrected an issue with "User Login Failure" events when using SFTP Client Key Authentication.
- Corrected an issue with the Serv-U Linux uninstall option not working.
- Corrected a Web Client Pro issue after updating to Java 7 Update 21, making WCP unusable.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager JV bug where the JIDE user interface library would fail to load on Macintosh operating systems.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager JV bug where a large file could fail to upload when a slow speed limit is set within Serv-U. End-users can now manually set the duration of when the client-side timeout should occur.
- Corrected an FTP Voyager JV bug where a local directory listing could take a long time to process due to UNC paths being specified as targets to Windows shortcuts (.lnk) files.
- Corrected a Linux bug where the uninstall desktop shortcut used by certain desktop environments failed to work properly.
- Corrected a Web Client Pro bug where the web page would fail to communicate with the applet when the Java Runtime was updated to Java 7 Update 21 or Java 6 Update 45.
- Corrected an LDAP bug where users could not login using SFTP (via SSH2).
- Corrected a Web Client bug where the link provided to login when attempting to access a restricted page prior to logging in was broken.