Secure File Sharing
Secure file sharing is easy with Serv-U MFT Server. You can send files to and receive files from anyone with an email address. File recipients and guests who are invited to send files receive an email with a link to the file and instructions. Serv-U is deployed directly in your data center—not through a third-party website— so you and your security policy remain firmly in control.
- If you can send email, you can send files with Serv-U's secure file sharing interface. The first "Send Files" screen requires you to enter the recipient's email address. Optional fields let you add a personal message, override expiration settings, and set a password to protect your files.
- The second "Send Files" screen lets you select (from your local computer) the files you want to send. Clicking the "Uploads" button displays a progress bar for the files you're uploading.
- After sending your files, a final confirmation screen lets you review what you just sent. You also have an option to send your file link to other people outside of Serv-U (e.g., copy/paste to a chat or instant message). At this point, all file recipients will get an email with the file link, brief instructions for downloading their files, and any message you added.
- Serv-U's file sharing homepage shows recently sent files and recent requests for files. From here, you may send or request more files, or dig into previous activities.
- Requesting files with Serv-U is as easy as sending files. You invite "guests" to send files to you by entering their email address. Just as with sending files, you'll have options to add a personal message, override expiration settings, and set a password to protect access to the invitation.
- Serv-U file sharing is configured on a “File Sharing” page in the Serv-U Management Console.
- Serv-U MFT Server allows multiple SSH keys to be created for every user and thus enhancing security